alexander seil

Sassanid Persia AAR over at the Paradox forum

Sat May 10, 2008 11:32 pm

Just wanted to tell anyone who is reading this forum that I have a running Great Invasions AAR (375 AD scenario) over at paradoxplaza.com forums, if anyone is interested. It's buried in the Off-Topic forum. It usually goes down to 2nd or 3rd page before I update it, and the commentary is sort of sporadic, but people are clearly reading it.

Rafiki

Sun May 11, 2008 6:46 am

A link could help? Also people should know that you need to register (and have at least 10 posts?) in order to be able to access the OT forum there :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

dooya

Sun May 11, 2008 9:10 am

Maybe it is a good idea to mirror the AAR here? :siffle:
No quote - No bullshit!

alexander seil

Sun May 11, 2008 4:27 pm

I think it would be fairly simple, so I'll try do that as soon as I can.

Here's a link, if the mods don't mind -

[url=Kings of Kings]http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353543[/url]

calvinus

Sun May 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Excellent AAR. Please keep posting! :king:

LMUBill
Lieutenant

Mon May 12, 2008 3:28 pm

alexander seil wrote:I think it would be fairly simple, so I'll try do that as soon as I can.

Here's a link, if the mods don't mind -

[url=Kings of Kings]http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353543[/url]

The link says something like Kings of Kings and doesn't go anywhere. I wonder if there is a problem with this board because I have put up a couple of links recently and the ones that show up here are NOT the ones I submitted.

calvinus

Mon May 12, 2008 3:42 pm

The link is not well formed.

Try this.

alexander seil

Tue May 13, 2008 1:08 am

I'll update it late this week sometime. I expect to be up to 420 by then.

calvinus

Wed May 14, 2008 1:05 pm

It seems that the OT thread for GI AAR on Paradoxplaza forum has been removed .... banned .... or elseway you can say... :p leure:

No Comment! :grr:

Rafiki

Wed May 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Strange; Alexander, if you still have it, you're more than welcome to post it here

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Frank

Wed May 14, 2008 1:55 pm

It is still in the OT subforum.

Nice AAR Alexander. Hopefully some people will buying it after reading your AAR.
After the latest patch the game is really great. No comparison to the 1.0 version.

Btw, is the Bribe embassy really fixed. I still can´t use it. Maybe i am doing something wrong. :bonk:

calvinus

Wed May 14, 2008 2:17 pm

Frank wrote:Btw, is the Bribe embassy really fixed. I still can´t use it. Maybe i am doing something wrong. :bonk:

The aim of the Bribe embassy is to force one enemy that is currently besieging a friendly fortified town to abandon the siege.

So, you have to:
a) select the proper active nation
b) click on the province where the siege is taking place and that you want to be abandoned by the enemy
c) click on the bribe embassy card!

But beware that the enemy will probably go back to the siege as soon as possible. He will be forced immediately to retreat towards the nearest supply source. Then he will probably move back to the former target province.

So let's say this embassy is very useful when you want to gain some time to send there reinforcements, or you need of a chance to propose a less unfavorable peace treaty! :niark:

calvinus

Wed May 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Frank wrote:It is still in the OT subforum.

I can't access it! :p leure: :grr:

I get always the following message:

calvinus, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If not, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

alexander seil

Wed May 14, 2008 3:13 pm

EDIT: Actually, I think that in your case, Calvinus, you just need to make sure you're logged in, and then click on the link. In any case, if you were able to post in the thread, you should be able to access it again. Just remember that the forum goes down all the time.

calvinus

Wed May 14, 2008 3:21 pm

alexander seil wrote:The Paradox forum goes down regularly nowadays. It's up again at the same link. I think that as long as the link goes directly to the post, you don't need access to the OT forum as such (which requires a minimum of 10 posts).

No no... :p leure:

I sent an email to the Forum Administrator, getting back this response:

From now on OT access will depend on having a registered game. Armageddon and Revolutions users will get a code added to Gamersgate during the day with which they can get an icon (and thus access to the OT forums). Betatest icons like the ones for HOI2 and Victoria will also count towards access to OT forums.

Hopefully it will help lessen the load on the server and make the boards less susceptible to breakdowns.

BiB

alexander seil

Wed May 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Ahh. That's unfortunate :( On the other hand, there weren't any updates yet, so I'll duplicate everything when I get around to updating it (it's final exams week here :D ).

calvinus

Wed May 14, 2008 3:48 pm

It's a pity anyway! A so nice GI AAR well inside Paradox forum was a genious troyan horse! :siffle:

alexander seil

Wed May 14, 2008 3:54 pm

calvinus wrote:It's a pity anyway! A so nice GI AAR well inside Paradox forum was a genious troyan horse! :siffle:

I will be continuing this and any other AARs on both forums :turc:

Frank

Wed May 14, 2008 4:10 pm

calvinus wrote:The aim of the Bribe embassy is to force one enemy that is currently besieging a friendly fortified town to abandon the siege.

So, you have to:
a) select the proper active nation
b) click on the province where the siege is taking place and that you want to be abandoned by the enemy
c) click on the bribe embassy card!

But beware that the enemy will probably go back to the siege as soon as possible. He will be forced immediately to retreat towards the nearest supply source. Then he will probably move back to the former target province.

So let's say this embassy is very useful when you want to gain some time to send there reinforcements, or you need of a chance to propose a less unfavorable peace treaty! :niark:

Hi Calvinus

i have forgot to select the active nation so the card was not playable. But after playing the bribe embassy the town is immediately conquered by the besieging force. So it has the opposite effect :p leure: I have tested this several times now and it is always the same.

Frank

calvinus

Wed May 14, 2008 4:20 pm

It's very strange. I tested it too several times before committing this change. In addition, the hard coding of this fix can't generate such a behavior... Can you send me a zipped savegame so I can make a few tests?

calvinus

Wed May 14, 2008 4:22 pm

A reason can be that you played the embassy too late, when the town was about to fall in enemy hands... but if I don't get a savegame, I can't say this for sure. :sourcil:

Frank

Wed May 14, 2008 4:24 pm

No it was a fresh siege on a level 3 town. I will send you the savegame later.

alexander seil

Wed May 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Just a thought - could this be related to the siege bug? When you load the game, is the siege already on-going?

Frank

Thu May 15, 2008 9:17 am

alexander seil wrote:Just a thought - could this be related to the siege bug? When you load the game, is the siege already on-going?

Maybe. The strange thing is that when i load a saved game where the siege is still in progress the bribe embassy works fine. But when i start a new game or load a saved game where the enemy army haven´t arrived yet the bribe embassy has the effect that the besieging army conquer the town immediately.

calvinus

Thu May 15, 2008 6:09 pm

I found the reason. Now it's fixed 100%, but unfortunately you will have to wait for the new patch release. My apoligises! :nuts:

alexander seil

Thu May 15, 2008 7:04 pm

More patches? Nice :D

calvinus

Fri May 16, 2008 6:15 am

Not immediately. The secret project now has maximum priority. :cwboy:

Mimer
Civilian

Mon May 19, 2008 12:22 am

Well, I finally got here from the mirror thread (or should that be original thread?) in the Paradox forum (I'm Gothmog over there), and thought I'd drop a line here. The forum is still unavailable at times, though.

Since I bought the game I guess Alexander can chalk up the first "victim" of his "Trojan AAR". ;)

alexander seil

Mon May 19, 2008 2:26 am

The thread on the Paradox forum is the original one. I figured that if I were to write an AAR, I might as well put it on a forum that thousands of people read daily :p

Rafiki

Mon May 19, 2008 7:41 am

Mimer wrote:Well, I finally got here from the mirror thread (or should that be original thread?) in the Paradox forum (I'm Gothmog over there), and thought I'd drop a line here.
Hiya Gothmog; always a pleasure to see familiar faces Image
Mimer wrote:The forum is still unavailable at times, though.

This one? If so, can you elaborate?

(Sorry for the OT, but I need to check out if there are any problems with the forum)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Return to “Great Invasions”