+++ US Secretary of State - Official Bulletin +++
*** Treaty of Kuwait signed ***
To even out tensions in Arabia and preserve our two nations' natural interests, the government of the United States of America and the Sublime Porte come to the following agreements.
1. The United States hand over their colony of Kuwait into possession of the Ottoman Empire. This includes all present installations. Transfer starts on 1.1.1865 and shall take no longer than 15.1.1866
2. The United States acknowledge the interest of the Ottoman Empire into stabilizing Inner Arabia. The Ottoman Empire shall take all administrative means. It is their sphere of interest.
3. The United States grant concessions for exploiting resources in the United States' possessions as follows: coal in Taiz, coffee in Sanaa, opium in Hoedeida and for one coal mine at any site in the US.
4. The United States pay compensation for possible Ottoman claims as follows: 200 statemoney, 1000 private capital, 50 steel and 30 manufactured goods every half year for five subsequent years, starting in January 1865. Dates are 1.1.1865, 1.7.1865, 1.1.1886, 1.7.1886, 1.1.1887, 15.1.1887, 1.1.1888, 15.1.1888, 1.1.1889, 15.1.1889. On request of the receiving party start of transfer can be postponed 12 months.
5. The United States and the Ottoman Empire agree to declare war to any attacker of the other IF the said attack is the consequence of a direct unprovoked agression of the attacker versus the defendant (and not because any party was attacked following a chain ofother defensive treaties consequences).
6. The Ottoman Empire revokes any claim on Yemen, including Gaydah and of Qatar. It is the sphere of interest to the United States.
7. The United States and the Ottoman Empire agree to constant consultations and commercial agrrements. They agree on solving any future tensions by political means.