Hobbes

Pontiac's War documentary online

Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:46 pm

I thought this 30 minute online documentary was worth posting in the
general forum as well. It's very good.

(Plus a little publicity for the WiA scenario won't hurt ;) )

http://preview.tinyurl.com/PontiacsWar

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=137800#post137800

Cheers, Chris

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

TiFlo
Captain

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Aside of the "crushing defeat" of the Indians at Bushy Run, which was really only a draw, but enough to shatter the Indian will to continue fighting, it was an enjoyable watch.

Thank you!
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:22 pm

TiFlo wrote:Aside of the "crushing defeat" of the Indians at Bushy Run, which was really only a draw, but enough to shatter the Indian will to continue fighting, it was an enjoyable watch.

Thank you!

Yes, this isn't an easy scenario to make both playable and historically accurate when a 'defeat' like this can have such an effect on Indian morale.

There are quite a few morale changing events in the scenario and taking either Detroit or Pitt will certainly help the Indians to hold together into '64 - and even draw more tribes to the cause and influence the Iroquois - but it's not easy to make a playable game where a single large battle that results in a stalemate can have such an effect.

Detroit and Pitt are also quite difficult to represent as the Indians would not have made a direct assault although the game allows this (I would like to see a change where a force made up entirely of irregulars could not use the assault order in a region with an enemy fort (stockade would be OK)).

I've spent many hours testing Indian assaults and investments of these forts though and I think I have the outcomes about right (especially now with Lodi's recent changes). Also important that the British get supply into the forts as quickly as they are able.

Let me know what you think when you play the scenario. I'm sure there will be a few amendments.

Cheers, Chris

TiFlo
Captain

Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:57 pm

I had a peak at the scenario while translating it in French (although at times you do it rather mechanically without actually reading what you're looking at).
You seem to have done a pretty good job at putting together events to reflect the complexity of the conflict. I'm definitely looking forward to playing it! :thumbsup:

And the "crushing defeat" was a comment taken from the documentary at Britannica.com, not from your scenario. At least not that I remember of.
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:02 pm

TiFlo wrote:I had a peak at the scenario while translating it in French (although at times you do it rather mechanically without actually reading what you're looking at).
You seem to have done a pretty good job at putting together events to reflect the complexity of the conflict. I'm definitely looking forward to playing it! :thumbsup:

And the "crushing defeat" was a comment taken from the documentary at Britannica.com, not from your scenario. At least not that I remember of.

There may be a few more translations to make before it is finished :love:
But it's pretty much done I promise.

Thanks, Chris

TiFlo
Captain

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:14 pm

The pleasure is mine, really :hat:
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Return to “General discussions”