gchristie
Brigadier General

kentucky add on

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:05 pm

With the removal of Gray's posts I can't seem to find a full explanation of how the Kentucky add on works. Yes, I've used the search function.

Can someone point me to a post that explains how it works?

Thanks and have a ball tonight.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Jim-NC

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:35 pm

I don't think it exists anymore. :(

I have found several people who linked to the posts in question, but the link goes nowhere now. This is the closest I could find. Not complete list of rules. You can see that in post 1 there is a link to the old list (which is inactive). But Dolphin covers several (most?) of the rules in his follow up posts.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gchristie
Brigadier General

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks Jim-NC,

My question has to do with purchasing the Kentucky invasion chit and the rules around that. Specifically, if I recall there is a turn in which you musn't move troops into Kentucky or face massive cohesion loss, and my question is does that apply only to troops entering land regions or does it also apply to troops being transported by river?

Regards,
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:59 pm

The game actually gives you a notice if you are the non-chit-buying player that says something like "You may not enter Kentucky this turn." You CAN enter, of course, but your cohesion will be reduced to near zero if you do. Look for a little notice in the events section, but I recall it pops up on the map too.

Jim-NC

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:14 pm

I believe that only the rivers that are enclosed in Kentucky's borders are hit with the same cohesion losses. So, the Ohio river is OK for ships to transit through (as it is not entirely within Kentucky). IIRC, ships that move past Kentucky on the river do not qualify as being on the border (for determining if KY secedes or not) as well.

Thus if you move troops to next to Bowling Greene for example, you should see the cohesion loss.

IIRC, The "invasion chit" should allow the purchasing player the chance to move units without cohesion losses. The losses are only suffered by the other side, and *only* during the turn after the invasion (not 100% sure on if it is the turn of the invasion, or the invasion turn + 1 turn).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leibst

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:20 am

Its just the turn of the invasion.

Stauffenberg
General

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:20 am

Longshanks wrote:The game actually gives you a notice if you are the non-chit-buying player that says something like "You may not enter Kentucky this turn." You CAN enter, of course, but your cohesion will be reduced to near zero if you do. Look for a little notice in the events section, but I recall it pops up on the map too.

Actually, as I recall it is worse than a cohesion loss if you ignore the warning and enter--your troops will be interned and you will be left with near vacant cadres as well.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”