Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

The Game Doesn't Like Me!

Fri May 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Bory got himself in a pickle and got beat by Butler (the humiliation!). Lee MTG'd but got there too late. Both are commanding armies, with Lee at #1 seniority. (Lee commands AONV, Bory AOTP).

After the turn resolution was over, I have all of them in one stack, with Bory listed as head of Army of Potomac and Lee no longer in charge of the Army of No. Va (no army hq either)! In fact, there IS NO AONV anywhere anymore. Okay, that's an annoyance, but here's the real rub.

I decide to replace Bory with Lee. I get a stern warning that it will cost me a zillion vps and 8 NM if do, but then got the "except" clause, which says "unless you replace him with a general of higher seniority." So, Lee is #1 and I replace him. Not having my Army HQ which mysteriously disappeared I can't make Bory an army commander again, so I make him a corps and send him on his way.

After that turn resolves, the game gave me the "dismissal" penalty anyway!

Clearly a lot went wrong and I don't know why:

1. Why did the game combine two armies into one?
2. Why did the Lee's AONV command disappear?
3. Why was Lee subordinate to Bory when Lee is #1 senior?
4. Why did I get the penalty when I followed the rule to replace Bory with a more senior commander?

I assume I need to attach the save games, but am unsure how to do that, so please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi!

You have to compress the file (.rar or .zip) and then when you're posting, you have to click on the icon to the right of smiles, and then you upload it from your PC. It's easy! ;)

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Attachments
Screen.jpg
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Sun May 08, 2011 3:28 am

You should also get rid of replays (as they just make the file larger). We need the turn before the incident, and the turn of the incident. We would need the host file, and the turn files.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”