Galaahd
Conscript

NCP loading crash with the latest patch

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:54 am

I've bought an italian copy of Napoleon's Campaigns. It worked well until yesterday (I never patched it), when I installed the latest patch. Now it crashes during the loading. Does the patch support italian language?

PhilThib

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:22 am

Check the file General.opt in the folder NCP/Settings, and see which language is applied.

IIRC, even if the exact translation of patches addition does not exist, at worst you will see English words instead...

Most important to see the reason, please check what version of NCP you have before patching, so we can see if the updates is the cause...

Rafiki

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:46 am

Within your installation, under "NCP\Logs" you'll find the logfiles; can you zip them and attach to a post here?
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Galaahd
Conscript

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:53 am

The setting of the language in the general.opt file is 5, so I assume it is italian. There is a "third language = -1" too. If I change the number to 0 will I have the game in English?

For the logs, there is only a file called !MainLog, with these two lines:

3:47:48 PM (Reporting) User: Proprietario Computer: SELECTA-KOC9Z1C
3:47:48 PM (Reporting) Loading general settings

PhilThib

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Galaahd wrote:The setting of the language in the general.opt file is 5, so I assume it is italian. There is a "third language = -1" too. If I change the number to 0 will I have the game in English?

Yes, 5 is Italian. If you change it to 0, it will be English indeed :cool:

Galaahd
Conscript

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Thanks, I will try it :thumbsup:

arsan

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Galaahd wrote:There is a "third language = -1" too. If I change the number to 0 will I have the game in English?

If you change this -1 to 1 you will be able to change from italian to English and French on the in game options screen... well, when you manage to actually start the game ;)

Maybe you should try a complete re installation (deleting the game folder after unistalling, to be sure there is no files remaining there)
Maybe something get corrupted on the patching... :confused:

Galaahd
Conscript

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:42 am

Errrr...

I just looked back at what I wrote... I still can't believe it. Actually I don't have NCP (and never had, but I will probably buy it in the future), I have this problem with AACW :cuit: I don't know however why I wrote Napoleon's Campaigns two times and even posted it in the NCP section. Probably because I was thinking of Napoleon :blink:

Now do I have to make a new thread or will the mods move it to the AACW section? :D

BTW I reinstalled it. It runs fine without patches, if I install the last patch it still crashes during loading and there isn't nothing in the logs file...

Well, at least now I know that game language doesn't matter.

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

NCP problem....

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:06 am

Hi... when you say NCP is not loading up, is it freezing about one third of the way along the loading bar at the beginning?

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:44 am

deleted

AndrewKurtz

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 am

Galaahd wrote:Errrr...

I just looked back at what I wrote... I still can't believe it. Actually I don't have NCP

No doubt a celestial sign that you should buy NCP :thumbsup:

Rafiki

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:09 am

Galaahd wrote:Now do I have to make a new thread or will the mods move it to the AACW section? :D

[color="Blue"]Moving is easier than reposting :) [/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”