Ellis
Civilian

Map Update Corrupt?

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:11 am

I've twice downloaded the map update and both times get

'Some installation files are corrupt.
Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation'

On the second download I got this at the end of the extraction (I didn't record this info on the first try)

'Extracting Winter_589Harrods Landing.bmp
Extracting Winter_58Chambly.bmp
CRC failed in Winter_58Chambly.bmp
Unexpected end of archive'

Is the problem with me or you please?

It's a beautiful game by the way!

E.J. Smith
Conscript

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:53 pm

I encountered a similar problem that I attribute to an incomplete download. It appeared both times that my download stopped at about 60 Mb showing a complete download. Upon install I received the same file corruption error message.

Pocus

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:27 pm

check that your file has the size of the one on the server:

has anybody successfully installed it? If not I can delete the file and restart the upload.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ellis
Civilian

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:35 pm

I've deleted the previous downloads and I'm downloading it again now - about 1hr 15mins to go probably - I'll let you know what happens.

[FS] Feltan
Sergeant

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:41 pm

I tried to download three times yesterday from work.

I ended up aborting all three attempts. Although I was on a very high-speed line, the download rate was so slow that it would have taken 8-10 hours to complete the download.

Also, yesterday evening from home, this website was slow as could be. I would time-out just trying to connect.

I may attempt a download from home today/tomorrow. My cable connection from home is usually good enough (but it isn't as good as the bundled T3 at work).

My guess is either there was some bottleneck internet hop getting to the French server, or so many people were downloading that there was insufficient server bandwidth to accomodate everyone.

Regards,
Feltan
"Fishcakes" the other F-word.

[FS] is the tag for the Mighty Free Soldiers on-line gaming clan. Visit at http://www.freesoldiers.net

Ellis
Civilian

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:24 pm

I finally succeeded in downloading the map update late last night - it took about 8 hours.
It installed it to BoA\Graphics\Regions with no problem.

Pocus

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:34 pm

the map update has been removed from the server, but will returns by monday with only the regions really needed.

stay tuned :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

chulett
Conscript

Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:04 pm

Excellent. :cool:

FYI, noticed an 'issue' with the boundaries between two regions and their highlights when you hover over them. Specifically, Ramseur and Pine Creek - the highlight doesn't match the boundaries there. Not a biggie, but thought you might like to know if you are in the process of updating the maps.

-craig

Pocus

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:12 pm

got your post by private mail and responded :)

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”