Hobbes

Sortie

Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:07 pm

This may be something I don't understand well - but if you move a relief force into a region with a besiged fort the resulting battle includes the units in the fort even if they have not been set to sortie.
Can anyone explain this?

If this is the way it is supposed to work what is the sortie button for?
Thanks, Chris

Pocus

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:13 am

and the posture of the defending unit is in defensive/passive? Then you got a bug and I want the save ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Gresbeck
Sergeant

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:45 am

[quote="Pocus"]and the posture of the defending unit is in defensive/passive? Then you got a bug and I want the save ]

You mean units in forts set in offensive posture will sortie even if you don't press the sortie button? Never heard about it.

Pocus

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:53 am

Don't mistake sortie and conditional sortie ;)

it should works like that:

a) you set the defender in offensive/assault. He is expelled from the cityscape, automatically and inconditionally.

b) you leave the defender in defend/passive and set the special order 'sortie'. He will sortie as soon as AND only if a friendly unit with a offensive/assault posture arrives in the region

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hobbes

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:23 am

The defenders are in the fort and set to defensive stance. Their units are still shown as taking part in the battle on the battle report. I have seen this before it's not hard to reproduce. I will send the save.

Cheers, Chris

Joseignacio
Sergeant

Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:46 pm

Many times if a unit which goes to reinforce a fort is found for an enemy force that comes to besiege, the battle results report shows like all the forces (including the ones inside the fort) have intervened, although because of the results of the battle it's pretty obvious they didn't.

For example, a big army besieging and a similar one inside the fort. A supply convoy arrives and there is a battle. The reports shows all the units in the province like taking part, but it's obvious only the charts did because of how short the battle is and because there are no more casualties (if any) as there should have been with the two big armies really fighting. But I thought it was designed like this...

Pocus

Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:13 pm

yes right, the battle report show all units which are in the region at the start of the battle, as otherwise we would need a more complex and bigger display where you see at which hour they are commited (not all units fight all the same time).

Hobbes

Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:17 pm

Thanks, not so obvious with small forces.
Chris

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”