Dadaan
Corporal

Double Charge

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:41 am

Since I don't understand French, I'll put this here. I bought and downloaded the game on 2/26/06. About 5 minutes ago I jumped on to check my e-mail and noticed another verification(this time in French) for purchesing the game, but it is dated as of 3/5/06 at 7 AM. Please give me an e-mail that I can contact to fix this double charge. It's a great game, but I don't wanna pay twice for it!!

mrbywater@hotmail.com
[color="Blue"]The Few, The Proud[/color]
[color="Red"]Semper Fidelis[/color]

Pocus

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:50 am

I Dadaan

The purchase is now handled by a company named Telechargement.fr, so I think we wont be able to join them before tomorrow. Anyway be sure that any mess will be solved. We can trace all accounts, so if a double charge was done this will be amended.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

PhilThib

Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:57 am

In order to solve the matter first thing Monday morning, please send me an email at contact@ageod.com with a copy of the email you have received when purchasing the game the first time. This will speed up the search process.

Dadaan
Corporal

Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:20 pm

I'll send copies of both e-mails. There are clearly two different order numbers and dates.

Once again, thank you for your quick responses and support.
[color="Blue"]The Few, The Proud[/color]

[color="Red"]Semper Fidelis[/color]

Reiryc

Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:08 pm

Problem solved, thanks guys...

Haplo_Patryn
Brigadier General

Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:16 pm

In my case i didn't received any mail and haven't yet, and i bougth it on 03/04/06... :8o:

Reiryc

Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:24 pm

Odd...

Maybe you might have put in the wrong email address for yourself? One missed character and whammo...no email to you! :p leure:

PhilThib

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:07 pm

Do not worry, the double order / double invoice is NOT a double charge nor a double order :tournepas

In fact, the story comes from a peculiarity of European and French law, which we call the "retractation right". In short words, the law says a private customer can return his product up to 7 days after purchase if he changed his mind (provided it did not use it :sourcil: ).

What you receive upon ordering is a an email confirming your order. You get your serial number with it.

Then, a week later, you receive another email with the final invoice, because the legal 7 days period has elapsed and the invoice can be printed. This completes the original order but in no way constitutes a second charge :king:

I hope this is clearer for all.

So, to be concise :

1 - first email is an acknowledgement of order and you have your serial with it.
2 - second email is the real invoice.

In all cases, no double charge (if you find so, please advise at once)

Haplo_Patryn
Brigadier General

Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:03 pm

Haplo_Patryn wrote:In my case i didn't received any mail and haven't yet, and i bougth it on 03/04/06... :8o:

Just right now i have received my email order. My email was correct, BTW. Very odd, very, very... :bonk:

Well, problem solved. :siffle:

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Sorry Philippe, but I have received this:

M. Gxxxxxxx,

Nous sommes ravis d'avoir reçu votre visite durant ce mois de février !

Vous aviez envisagé d'acheter des logiciels par téléchargement chez nous.
Sauf erreur de notre part, vous n'avez pas terminé vos achats.
Nous tenions à vous informer que votre panier de commande reste à votre disposition, si vous souhaitiez toujours acheter ce(s) logiciel(s).

Pour accéder à votre panier d'achat, cliquez ici :

Votre panier d'achat

Il est bien sûr possible, si vous le souhaitez, d'ajouter ou de supprimer des produits de votre panier.
Comme vous le savez, la carte bleue est un moyen de paiement complètement sécurisé, utilisé chaque jour par des millions d'internautes.
Cependant, vous pouvez choisir un autre mode de règlement, par exemple par chèque, par télécopie ou même par téléphone au 0 892 259 294 (0,34 ~/min).

Toute l'équipe de Telechargement.fr espère vous revoir prochainement.

Votre service Clientèle

[email="service@telechargement.fr"]service@telechargement.fr[/email]

and I don't think this has anything to do with French law... (but no double charge neither).

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”