rickd79
Colonel

D.H. Hill

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:36 pm

D.H. Hill:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Harvey_Hill

158 CSA Daniel H. Hill ldr_CSA_DHHill2 NULL NULL NULL NULL 6 5 2 15 General 1 NULL 5 3 2
189 CSA Daniel H. Hill ldr_CSA_DHHill NULL NULL NULL NULL 1 1 1 16 General 1 NULL 5 3 2

D.H. Hill is a tough one to rate because there isn't a huge body of work....Personally, I think we was very good. His performance was great during the Seven Days Battles and Antietam. Chickamauga was such a confused mess its hard to criticize one way or the other. IMHO he would be much more well-known if he would have just kept his mouth shut, and not complained so much about the performance of his colleagues. It would have been interesting to see how the war in the east might have gone differently if Lee had made him a Corps commander instead of A.P. Hill or Ewell.

1. First off, I'd be interested to hear what people have to say about bumping him up to 3 for a defensive rating (Sunken road at Antietam...He did some fabulous work here...he might have held on even longer if there hadn't been some miscommunication of orders that caused some troops to leave their positions)

2. I could see him getting the "Good_Cmd" rating or whatever its being called now (the one a notch below "Gifted") Anyone have any thoughts on this?

3. "QuickAngered" seems to deal with causing problems from the current command level down.....It would be interesting to have a trait to deal with sparking arguments and controversy from the current command level and on up the chain (Early and D.H. Hill would be good examples)

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:13 pm

Proposition:

158 CSA Daniel H. Hill ldr_CSA_DHHill2 NULL NULL NULL NULL 6 5 2 15 General 1 NULL 4 3 3
189 CSA Daniel H. Hill ldr_CSA_DHHill NULL NULL NULL NULL 1 1 1 16 General 1 NULL 4 3 3
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

rickd79
Colonel

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:13 pm

works for me

Return to “Officers room”