Mosby
Lieutenant

Finally beat the game

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:23 am

Playing CSA, and pulled off a win in late Sept. '62.

Took all major cities except New York, but lost New Orleans (due to a good amphib invasion) and Memphis (due to a seemingly invisible division headed by Sherman)

I'm sure that it's all explainable, but I had a few weird moments in the game. Sherman came outta nowhere to take Memphis. Had cav and bushwhackers everywhere and never once spotted him, guess he could've been on a boat.

The biggest complaint I have is the whole supply issue. It just seemed like the US could keep huge armies in the field, behind my line (in places like south of Richmond) waaay longer than I could keep armies out, even though I thought mine were in supply.

AI was kinda wonky. McDowell just ran past Richmond early in the game, and sat there until winter destroyed his entire army. Lil Mac then took over, and never once moved, from like Jan of 62 till the end. He just sat there even when I was putting Washington to siege. Guess he never got to activate.

I lost Johnston the same way though, only he was never locked. I gave the order to move, but he just sat there till he died along with his division.

End the end, good game. Frustratingly hard to get the last few NM points. Thanks for a great game.
"Have you got the rascal?" "No but he has got you!"

Mosby
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:24 am

Fav. moment btw was Stonewall Jackson taking Philly with just his division. Guy wasn't playing around!
"Have you got the rascal?" "No but he has got you!"

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”