Pocus

---> AACW 1.06 Patch <---

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:16 am

Dear players,

Here is the 1.06 patch:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/AACW_Patch.zip
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/patch_AACW_v1.06.zip

Once the dust settle (between this evening and monday, if bugs are spotted) it will goes official and will be announced in the others forums as well (Matrix and Paradox).

readme:

==============================================================================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.06 Readme
Wednesday, July 13, 2007

comprehensive patch, compatible with previous saves

AI
+++: has a major impact on AI
++: has a significant impact on AI
+: has a minor impact on AI

AI is more aware of immediate threats. ++
AI will gather more intelligently units to center of operations ++
Leader are dispatched better and farther (trans theaters relocations are common now) +++
AI will build more rail and river points if possible +
AI will build less militias units ++
AI will use more conservatively monetary assets ++
Army HQ will keep a reserve of units for corps ++
AI Divisions will be bigger and tougher +++
AI can chase several minor enemy stacks while evaluating the major threat at the same time (hunter-seeker algorithm improved ) ++
Blockade will be much better handled +++
Resupply of ships will be better handled ++
Cavalry raid toned down and less suicidal ++
AI will be more cautious with bad weather and can understand when winter is coming ++
Garrisons will be agregated in more efficient stacks, if possible +
AI will now defend better the capital (not finished) +

Modding support

10 new variables, see the file Command&Leaders in the settings directory

ldrCommandMaximaRank1 = 4 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 1 leader
ldrCommandMaximaRank2 = 8 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 2 leader
ldrCommandMaximaRank3 = 12 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 3 leader
ldrCommandCap = 16 // base CP cap to a stack
ldrGHQCommandModifier = -2 // The Army stack commander provides his strat rating + this value as a bonus (or malus) to subordinate corps
ldrCommandGHQBonusCoSLvl= 4 // What is the strat rating needed by the chief of staff to gives a bonus
ldrCommandGHQBonusCoSVa = 1 // what is the value of such bonus
ldrCommandCostCombiUnit = 4 // What is the CP cost of a combined unit
ldrMaxStackCmdPenalty = 35 // max command penalty for stacks (means a 100-x efficiency)
ldrOutOfChainCmdCoeff = 50 // coefficient to CP accrued if not in the chain of command, in %

A little note though: whose who have played intensively with the game in version 1.05c or latter will feel an improvement in the AI, but less than expected perhaps, because some of the new or tweaked algorithms were already running in these versions. Still you can expect some significant changes with the latest additions.

Have a good game!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Rafiki

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:00 am

Wow!

That is one impressive list of improvements, Pocus :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

saintsup
Captain

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:02 am

:D :D :D

Thx Pocus

(1st to post ;) ) Edited: 1 minute too late :p leure:

Castel
Conscript

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:10 am

Wahou, what a nice patch !!

The AI improvements sound really cool. :coeurs:

flintlock
Captain

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Now that's what I call an impressive and comprehensive patch!

Pocus, you keep raising the bar with respect to support. So much so, that unless you augment the staff, I'm afraid the little Scrat may expire from exhaustion. To keep your avatar more inline with your effort and work ethic, I've created what I feel is a more appropriate avatar for you.

Image <--- Pooped from patching. :sourcil:

Candew
Conscript

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:34 pm

Pocus, I think we can all concur when I say that 'YOU ROCK!!' :hat:

Rafiki

Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:23 pm

flintlock wrote:Now that's what I call an impressive and comprehensive patch!

Pocus, you keep raising the bar with respect to support. So much so, that unless you augment the staff, I'm afraid the little Scrat may expire from exhaustion. To keep your avatar more inline with your effort and work ethic, I've created what I feel is a more appropriate avatar for you.

LOL!

[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Pdubya64
Captain

Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:44 pm

LOL!! Flintlock, that is just TOO funny! (and true I'm sure)

Pocus: Although I imagine many of us Yanks are chagrined that it took a French company to do the American Civil War right, all I can say is WOW... each of you on the AGEOD team should feel proud of your accomplishment and I can't say enough about your support with all our crazy :tournepas questions. :coeurs:
Have fun on your holiday and we shall talk to you soon.
PW

marcusjm
Colonel

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:50 pm

Very nice patch indeed. I have paused my game just in anticipation of this. I wanted to play my first real game with this update.

Marcus

PDF

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:29 pm

flintlock wrote:Now that's what I call an impressive and comprehensive patch!

Bah, if he is that exhausted it's not from patching but from too much playing of Fall of Heaven Civ mod ! :niark:

Grotius
Captain

Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:30 am

Great work, Pocus! I'm very impressed with your support for AACW. :)
I hope all this...
AI Divisions will be bigger and tougher +++
Garrisons will be agregated in more efficient stacks, if possible +
Leader are dispatched better and farther (trans theaters relocations are common now) +++
Army HQ will keep a reserve of units for corps ++

...means that the AI in general will do a better job of avoiding command penalties. It sounds like each should help. In my one complete April 1861 game, the AI often fought with the "red drum" penalty. :)

Crimguy
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:58 am

The fix list is impressive. I don't usually gush praise about a computer game, but I have been recommending this title to everyone I know. It's a terrific product, and your support and accessibility are greatly appreciated.

The turn/menu buttons are still backward, btw in 1.06 :-D

Gray_Lensman

Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:36 am

deleted

wiltaz
Corporal

Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Cool. Great work guys. And thanks Pocus for the CP variables for modder inclusion. I don't think I've ever asked about something in a forum for a game and in the next patch it's there. :niark:

Only thing I've noticed so far is that the buttons are still reversed for next turn and return to main menu like in the last quick fix patch.

richfed

Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:07 pm

AGEOD continues to amaze!

I uninstalled the game from my system. Then, I reinstalled a fresh copy & installed version 1.06 on top of that.

Just played through the first year of the full campaign as the CSA. The game played smoothly and very fast. I noticed no bugs and encountered no problems.

You guys are terrific and the most responsive support guys I have ever seen! Great work.

My only gripe, albeit a minor one, is that though the sound mixer seems improved, it still plays that intro tune too loud during the game - and only during the game. As the game is loading, the song plays at a normal volume, but when it comes on during gameplay, it is too loud in comparison to the other music and sound effects.

At any rate, on my Vista system the game is performing quite well!!!

Chamberlain
Captain

Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:10 pm

Hello richfed,

How was the install time of 1.06 ? Was it better after a fresh install ?

I remember you were also seeing as I was an install update time of 20 - 30 minutes. I updated yesterday to v1.06 & it took 35 minutes to install. Again, I have Vista OS and all the previous updates, prior to 1.04, took mere minutes to install.

Thanks,

Chamberlain

wiltaz
Corporal

Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:14 pm

richfed wrote:My only gripe, albeit a minor one, is that though the sound mixer seems improved, it still plays that intro tune too loud during the game - and only during the game. As the game is loading, the song plays at a normal volume, but when it comes on during gameplay, it is too loud in comparison to the other music and sound effects.

I believe Pocus stated they were going to hardcode a lower volume for the time being and add a music volume control later. So they do know about it.

JoePirulo
Conscript

Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:45 pm

Excellent job!! Thanks Pocus :cwboy:

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:31 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:I would rather they leave the buttons as they are right now.

I would not mind terribly, one way or the other...as long as they also switch the graphic and the tooltip. As things stand, this switcharoo with the icon/tooltip *saying* one thing, and the button *doing* another, is confusing to say the least.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="1"](Click HERE for AAR)[/size][/CENTER]

richfed

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:19 pm

Hello richfed,

I remember you were also seeing as I was an install update time of 20 - 30 minutes. I updated yesterday to v1.06 & it took 35 minutes to install. Again, I have Vista OS and all the previous updates, prior to 1.04, took mere minutes to install.

Thanks,

Chamberlain

No, Chamberlain, it was not. In fact, even the installation of the base game took way longer - an hour, or so. All told, at least an hour and a half just for installation. Can't figure out why. Like you, I use Vista and this did not occur prior to 1.05.

It was worth the wait, though. The game is playing at a very quick pace!

richfed

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:25 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:I would rather they leave the buttons as they are right now.

Me, too ... sort of.

I think the buttons - from left to right - ought to be: Save Game - Return to Menu - Proceed to Next Turn

This, to me, is logical and helps to avoid "damage" due to hitting the wrong button - most commonly, proceeding when you meant to save! As I look at them, the visuals don't help. My instincts go for the first button! :8o:

Zoetermeer
Sergeant

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:44 pm

So for all you have played with this patch - is there a noticeable difference in the AI?

Clovis

Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:27 pm

Zoetermeer wrote:So for all you have played with this patch - is there a noticeable difference in the AI?

yes, AI is able to use command chain and so isn't anymore plagued by command penalties.

Raids are both less suicdal and more dangerous, some being made with several units commanded by a leader.

keith
Sergeant

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:20 am

i agree with last post, cav raids are far less often or suicidle, it was prob the most annoying part of the whole game for me, so i am very happy , still the best game around by a country mile :niark:

Prussian Prince
Captain

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:22 am

[quote="Chamberlain"]Hello richfed,

Hey Guys,

Have Vista Home Premium and installed 1.06 in about 5 minutes. Have yet to play it though :p leure:

Stewart

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:37 am

Thanks Pocus!! Hope you enjoyed your well-deserved vacation man. Larry3

richfed

Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:01 pm

OK - have now made it through 1862.

The game continues to impress me in how fast it is moving along. That speaks to a more organized, streamlined AI.

No odd behaviors or bugs noted to date - save one --- Raphael Semmes is duplicated after the event in 1862. There are now two of him on the map!

Back to defending Richmond ...

JB Hood
Corporal

Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:11 pm

richfed wrote:OK - have now made it through 1862.

The game continues to impress me in how fast it is moving along. That speaks to a more organized, streamlined AI.

No odd behaviors or bugs noted to date - save one --- Raphael Semmes is duplicated after the event in 1862. There are now two of him on the map!
Back to defending Richmond ...

can confirm that

richfed

Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:22 pm

In mid-63 - 2 more little "bugs":

1 - When Belle Boyd is arrested, the event shows twice in the Mail Box.

2 - I signed an exchange of prisoners agreement with the Yanks. It said I'd be notified if the Yanks accepted. I wasn't, but my pool of soldiers increased suddenly by about 300+. So, either they didn't, but I got the released soldiers anyway, or they did but I was not notified.

Pocus

Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:01 pm

About this slow installation problem, this must have to do with the way Vista surveys some applications (it can be the User Account Control feature).

Music: The intro sound will be reduced yes.

For the small database bugs (duplicated leaders and such), it will have to wait the return of PhilThib I think, but I will be there this week, in half-vacation for any critical bugs (and then you won't hear about me during two weeks!).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”