gchristie
Brigadier General

I'm not that good...

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Loaded the legacy patch and quickfix2 and started up a game as CSA - April 1861 w/Kentucky scenario. Settings included: giving AI more time, checked the middle detect bonus box, AI ranking set to Lieutenant, normal aggressiveness and historical attrition for player only. I captured Washington by early Sept 1861 and that was all she wrote, game over.

I'm a middling CSA player at best. Athena did a couple very odd things. First, she loaded up Banks, Hamilton and 14 generals and 15 brigades in Late July and sailed to the Core Banks and they sat there for three turns. Round the same time McDowell's Northeastern Virginia Army 900+ PWR marched on Fredericksburg and a couple turns later arrived at Richmond the same turn Beauregard's Army of the Potomoc attached DC. McDowells' men kicked the Richmond defenders out. I assaulted DC the next turn, and during that same turn instead of assaulting Richmond which only had a besieged force of about 30 PWR McDowell marched his men to Warwick, VA even though I did not have a significant force to threaten him near Richmond. The Army of the Potomoc's assault on Washington succeeded and the bottom dropped out of the Union morale. I just don't understand why McDowell's men did not assault Richmond, or high tail it back to DC to save the capital instead of wandering down to Warwick.

I know, I should play a PBEM, but I was looking for a bit of fun with the AI.

So, if I wanted a more spirited game against the Union AI, what settings should I use?

Regards.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”