Captain_Orso

Picking Up Supplies On The Way To Port

Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:22 am

My SOP for the Atlantic Blockade is to have 5 Blockade Squadrons with 5 Transport Squadrons supporting them. When one or more of the Transport Squadrons has passed their GS off to the Blockade Squadrons I send them back to New York City to replenish their supplies, which takes on the average of about 19-20 day per leg of the trip.

I've often noticed that on the second turn of the inward leg the transports suddenly have picked up GS from somewhere, many times filling them completely. Since their Fleet Icon is still in the Atlantic Blockade Box I can simply cancel the rest of the inward leg of the trip and merge them back into the Atlantic Blockade Fleet to return them to supplying it.

Does anybody else see this happeningImage?

Is this WAD?

From where are they getting these supplies?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:27 am

Really, that's something I had not noticed. I'll try to observe it the next time I send the transport to New York to replenish, Capt.

I'll tell you tomorrow. ;) My bed is calling me! :neener:

:wavey:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Yes, I not only see that, I have come to count on it! so SSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Two Rules: 1. The Tournament Director is always right. 2. When the Tournament Director is wrong, see Rule 1.

Pocus

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:42 pm

what what??? what is the exploit I need to remove? :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Captain_Orso

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Wellllll first

and then

followed by

and you wind up with this

That's it Image

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Pocus wrote:what what??? what is the exploit I need to remove? :)

:niark: :niark:

So, that's true.... mmmm :sherlock: I can not verify it until I plan the current turn... :happyrun:

Edit: I've just advanced to the next turn and it doesn't happen to my transport ship. The truth is that I wondered why I had not realized it before.
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain_Orso

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:34 am

It doesn't happen all the time, just some of the time. I think it almost only happens to the transports with the generic name 'Transports' that are generated with the scenario (Full Campaign). I think because the game cannot tell the difference between these transports that it occasionally loads them with supplies when they have not yet arrived in port.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:35 am

Hi Captain_Orso! :wavey:

Really, this has never happened to me. I always check the transports that I send to New York and in its 2nd turn (at sea) they are still unsupplied.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain_Orso

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:43 pm

The next time it happens I will upload the game.

Of course it might have to do with that I'm an Aquarian. We have a special affinity for water ;)

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:The next time it happens I will upload the game.

Perfect! :)

Of course it might have to do with that I'm an Aquarian. We have a special affinity for water ;)

Hey! I'm an Aquarian too. :D

I agree with you. I think that I couldn't live without the sea.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gchristie
Brigadier General

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Ah, but we virgos are know to possess an excellent eye for detail, and I have never seen my transports picking up these phantom supplies. I've played the Union a lot and am fastidious about keeping my blockade fleets supplied and have never seen them fill up without visiting a port.

Captain_Orso

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Ah, my skeptical little urchins :cthulhu:

Copy Z2724 and Z2725 into ..\Saves and load them one after the other.

In Z2724, Late June 1863, you will see a transport squadron with the name 'Transports' and consisting of the Ships Patrick and Holmes commanded by Capt. W. Cronkite :blink: carrying 0 GS and 120 Ammo plotted to leave the Atlantic Blockade Box for NYC Harbor; estimated time of travel: 20 days.

In Z2725, Early July 1863, you will see a transport squadron with the name 'Transports' and consisting of the Ships Patrick and Holmes commanded by Capt. W. Cronkite :w00t: carrying 80 GS and 120 Ammo on its way from the Atlantic Blockade Box, 6 days from NYC Harbor.

I bid you welcome to Davy Jones' Locker... and the Twilight Zone Image
Attachments
Transports.rar
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 190 times

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 am

Hi!

I have just verified it and I have to reaffirm what I said: I had never seen it before. :blink:

Thank you for sharing your saves, Captain_Orso. ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”