Captain
Captain

Renaming Units

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:06 am

Ok just a quick one. Getting back into the game after a break. I've forgotton how to rename units can someone help me out please?

On a related question (maybe). I am playing PBEM and am south I have just built my 4 th Army HQ and attached to Bragg in Missouri. The Army has no name? Hence my question asking to remind me how to rename units. Further there are two 2 star generals with Bragg and when I seperate them I can't get them to form Corps? Is this connected? A bug? Or have I forgotton something?

Thanks

Captain

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:39 am

Hi Captain! :)

Those generals must be within the Army command radius of an Army that hasn't reached its number limit for subordinate Corps. In addition, you can not form Corps until March 1862. ;)

:thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrington
Captain

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:48 am

Captain wrote:Ok just a quick one. Getting back into the game after a break. I've forgotton how to rename units can someone help me out please?

On a related question (maybe). I am playing PBEM and am south I have just built my 4 th Army HQ and attached to Bragg in Missouri. The Army has no name? Hence my question asking to remind me how to rename units. Further there are two 2 star generals with Bragg and when I seperate them I can't get them to form Corps? Is this connected? A bug? Or have I forgotton something?

Thanks

Captain

It's either alt-click or control-click on the stack's tab. (can't remember which off hand.)

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:57 am

Yep, you must press the "Alt" key while you clicking on the stack's tab... I had forgotten it before :D :neener:

Regards! ;)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain
Captain

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:32 am

Ethan wrote:Hi Captain! :)

Those generals must be within the Army command radius of an Army that hasn't reached its number limit for subordinate Corps. In addition, you can not form Corps until March 1862. ;)

:thumbsup:

As yet there are "no" Corp allocated! It is June 1863. The two 2 star generals Watie and G. Smith are stacked in the same area, (yes i have seperated them , still doesn't work).
With the -35% penalty not much point creating the army. definitely something fishy going on.

Captain
Captain

Can't create corps

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:41 am

ok got the naming function to work, thanks :thumbsup:

So we now have the Army of Missouri in Rolla commanded by Bragg (funny thing was before even though I attached the Army hq to Bragg it simply called it Bragg's command?)
Bragg has 4 full strength divisons with him. He has 2 two star generals (Watie and Gustavus Smith) who I wish to make into Corps.

Seems like the program isn't recognising the Army HQ.
I don't want to seperate the HQ from Bragg (just to test if reattaching fiexs the problem) as I am playing another player and don't want to incur penalties.

So any ideas or are we in bug territory?

Captain
Captain

Bugs/Armies/Corps

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 am

Ok all resolved (sort of). However the techos may want to know this.

1. I seperated Bragg from the Army Hq and then reattached. All good got the Army of Mississippi ribbon :)

2. I seperated Smith and could create a Corp :thumbsup:

3. I seperated Watie and COULD NOT create a Corp :confused:

4. Watie had 2 stars on his image (has had for 2 years) and ratings changed...all normal. However when I go into the roster to check the generals Watie is only listed as a one star general, (which probably explains why he couldn't get the Corp command).

5. So obviously there is a bug around Watie's promotion.

6. What happened with the attaching and reattached of the Army HQ, can only speculate????

7. BTW you can't rename Armys only units right? (well my program doesn't let me).

8. In this case how does one get the Army of North Virginia?

Captain

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi! :)

Captain, you can not rename Armies, altough you can rename Corps. Armies will be appointed according to the region where they are created.

Regarding to Watie, he won't be promoted automatically by date. So if you have not promoted him intentionally I think taht he shouldn't be a 2-star general. Maybe Gray can help you. :thumbsup:

On the other hand, to get the Army of North Virginia you have to form an Army in this region. ;)

Good luck! :hat:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gray_Lensman

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:56 pm

deleted

Captain
Captain

Watie Bug

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:31 am

Yes sounds like that is exactly what is happening to Watie.
Not sure what files you want so I uploaded the lot, let me know if you want anything else.

Eathan thanks for the tip about names being related to where you raise the army. Its been 18months since I have played AACW and I'm a bit rusty. Been caught up playing Empires In Arms, (fantastic game but soooo many bugs :-(
The bugs in EIA is the reason why I have returned to AACW.
And what happens my first game back ? I get the Watie Bug :bonk:

Interested to hear the results on this one.
Attachments
1861 Sascha Dad~USA.zip
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 213 times

Jim-NC

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 am

Captain wrote:Ok all resolved (sort of). However the techos may want to know this.

1. I seperated Bragg from the Army Hq and then reattached. All good got the Army of Mississippi ribbon :)

6. What happened with the attaching and reattached of the Army HQ, can only speculate????

7. BTW you can't rename Armys only units right? (well my program doesn't let me).

Captain

The 1st time you did it, you didn't form an army (this is why it said Bragg's command, and you could change the name). When you removed the HQ, and tried again, if formed the Army of Mississippi (and gave it a name/ribbon).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain
Captain

Watie's Promotion catches up

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:41 am

Jim-re naming the army you are quite possibly right on that one.

Gray-Recently I stacked Watie with Bee's Corp and guess what? Bee lost his Corp and Watie became a Corp Commander (despite the numerous times I tried to do this the program would not accept Watie as a Corp commander).
I canm upload the files if you want.

Captain
Captain

Narrowing Bug down

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:53 am

Ok just looked on the roster.Watie, Morgan and Bee are all grahiclly 2 star generals on the board in my game. On the roster it says Rank 2 fro all 3. However the graphic star in box on the roster only displays a one star.

Morgan and Bee I had no problem giving Corps to. Watie the program just wouldn't let me until it decided itself it would steal Bee,s corp from him and give it to Watie.

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:55 am

deleted

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”