Irish Guards
Private

Start Date

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:11 am

I was just wondering when the start date for the game would be. And if it is early (around Ft. Sumter) would there be a chance for some early game action such as...

• Slight chance of some additional states seceeding (or not, North Carolina narrowly passed the resolution).
  • The CSA side being able to determine the capital location.
  • Setting the policy about the border states and slavery.

These are just two, I always thought that many decisions made by Lincoln and Davis in those first few months (before Bull Run) were very telling.

PhilThib

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:32 am

Why wouldn't you list here the various elements you would like to see represented in a "pre-war" scenario. We could envision doing a special scenario with all these options appearing as events :coeurs:

Pocus

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:42 am

The Grand Campaign will start around Sumter fall (before or just after, it has to be decided).
As for moving the capital, this is definitively planned yes.

Regarding bigger what if, like states seceeding differently from history, I don't think it will makes into 1.00, but this is something that we would like to do in the future (and as we want to make it right, we just can't add it in 3 days!)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Irish Guards
Private

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:29 pm

Glad to hear you are open to it, I will post some ideas soon. Thanks

marecone

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:05 am

Scenario where you could choose Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland as US or CS states.

Scenario where you could improve chance of getting European help or where you could turn it off.
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Pocus

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:03 pm

keeping fingers crossed here, as our schedule is tight, but we will try to add a general option named 'Historicity Level'. If you choose 'strict historicity', the South will have no chance to get foreign help for example. Now we are still undecided if we do that in a patch (can you live 15 days without that) or upon release (thus delaying the game). We will see :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

saintsup
Captain

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:35 pm

I'm all for a patch and not delaying the release.

You will have many things to correct (or make better) in the first weeks anyway ;)

marecone

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:38 pm

I second that. Release it as soon as possible :niark:
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”