Eugene Carr
Colonel

Alternative ACW A Glorious Union or America: the New Sparta

Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:30 pm

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=237525

Interesting read, based on a what if 'Little Mac' died in 1862. I'm about half way through and in general terms its feasible as a AACW/CW2 AAR.
Lots of generals pictures which is always good.

S!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gen.DixonS.Miles
Captain

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:18 pm

I read it in its entirety, it gets quite interesting with even a union general reaching martyr status. Its very good indeed.
“In my opinion, Colonel Miles was a drunkard, a coward and a traitor, and if I had the power I would have had the United States buttons taken from his coat.”

Elble, Sigmund-Soldier with the 3rd U.S. Infantry

Elble, an officer on the frontier who knew Miles well

theknightirish
Conscript

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 am

Gen.DixonS.Miles wrote:I read it in its entirety, it gets quite interesting with even a union general reaching martyr status. Its very good indeed.

Thanks very much! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I am hoping to get it going again at some point over the next month or so.

Gen.DixonS.Miles
Captain

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Ah! your welcome! Can I procure a special request seeing as your continuing it?
“In my opinion, Colonel Miles was a drunkard, a coward and a traitor, and if I had the power I would have had the United States buttons taken from his coat.”

theknightirish
Conscript

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:08 pm

You can certainly ask. I am always open to requests, suggestions,queries etc.

Gen.DixonS.Miles
Captain

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Well seeming that the man now posing as my avatar had a rough time of it during the war, and died in 1862 very ingloriously during the Maryland Campaign, could you pay a tribute or at least reveal what his fate was in your timeline? Seeing as the Maryland Campaign never happened.

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:27 pm

I'm still reading through it, enjoying it immensely, Charles P. Stone has just made an appearance.

S!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

theknightirish
Conscript

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Gen.DixonS.Miles wrote:Well seeming that the man now posing as my avatar had a rough time of it during the war, and died in 1862 very ingloriously during the Maryland Campaign, could you pay a tribute or at least reveal what his fate was in your timeline? Seeing as the Maryland Campaign never happened.

He would last until the Shenandoah Campaign of 1863 still in command of a brigade under Franz Sigel. He was sufficiently mistrusted by Sigel that his brigade was not deployed in the battle at Kearnysville/Leesburg (Post 400). He would be dismissed from command (due to his inabilities) during the major re-organisation during the winter of 1863 (around the time of Post 563)

theknightirish
Conscript

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Eugene Carr wrote:I'm still reading through it, enjoying it immensely, Charles P. Stone has just made an appearance.

S!

Charles P. Stone has a critical role in the formation of the Office of Military Intelligence. Also your avatar, Eugene Carr ("War Eagle"), also plays a major role in my timeline.

Gen.DixonS.Miles
Captain

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm happy Charles P. Stone is treated so, as I know much about his life and career.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:07 am

Really good stuff. My only minor personal complaint was the battle of Shelbyville. The Rebs win at Mount Vernon, then you tease about going onto Louisville, then the next we here from the west is in... Shelbyville! Oh wait, that's Shelbyville TN... (Shelbyville is one of the main suburbs of Louisville)

theknightirish
Conscript

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:Really good stuff. My only minor personal complaint was the battle of Shelbyville. The Rebs win at Mount Vernon, then you tease about going onto Louisville, then the next we here from the west is in... Shelbyville! Oh wait, that's Shelbyville TN... (Shelbyville is one of the main suburbs of Louisville)

Bragg whipped Rosecrans at Mount Vernon but was in two minds about what he should do as winter approached. The decision was taken out of his hands as he was appointed to command the "West". Hardee took over the Army of Tennessee and at least a division (Carter Stevenson's) was transferred from Hardee to Pemberton's Army of Mississippi. Hardee then went on the defensive, wintering behind Duck River near Shelbyville, Tennessee.

Return to “ACW History Club / Histoire de la Guerre de Sécession”