bschulte
Lieutenant

Anyone Here on Twitter?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm

I thought it might be fun to see who here is on Twitter. My username there is @bschulte. Feel free to follow me and list your own Twitter username here so I can follow back.

A lot of people seem to think Twitter is just for telling people what you're doing at the moment. I and many other people don't use it like that. Instead, I follow the terms "civil war", "civil war books", "gettysburg", and "antietam" using TweetDeck, I "tweet" TOCWOC blog posts automatically as they come out on the blog, and I retweet the posts of other Civil War blogs and those people on Twitter who have something interesting to say about the Civil War.The end result is that I've "met" online quite a few people who are interested in the Civil War who I might never have met otherwise.

Rafiki

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Having followed Brett for a few days, I have to say that his Twitterfeed must be a good resource for anyone interested in the ACW. :)

(I'm not very familiar with the various ACW resources out there, so I can't do a comparison, I'm afraid ;) )
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

bschulte
Lieutenant

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Rafiki wrote:Having followed Brett for a few days, I have to say that his Twitterfeed must be a good resource for anyone interested in the ACW. :)

(I'm not very familiar with the various ACW resources out there, so I can't do a comparison, I'm afraid ;) )

Thanks Rafiki! I always search for "civil war" and then retweet things which seem interesting.

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:52 am

I have some friends on Twitter but I tend to avoid most of the social network sites like Facebook and twitter My wife does the whole facebook thing but I avoid it myself ....
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem - By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty
-Massachusetts state motto-

"The army is the true nobility of our country."
-Napoleon III-

bschulte
Lieutenant

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Comtedemeighan wrote:I have some friends on Twitter but I tend to avoid most of the social network sites like Facebook and twitter My wife does the whole facebook thing but I avoid it myself ....

Comte,

I think a lot of people use the social networking sites differently than I do. I'm always looking for other Civil War buffs who:

a) will be able to teach me some new things
b) are able to talk about Civil War books they've read with me
c) might be interested in my Civil War blog

Most of the Facebook "applications" and games are a mindless waste of time IMHO, but it has helped me find not only other Civil War buffs but also other people I've lost touch with over the years. For instance, one of my old grade school classmates is married and now lives in Richmond, VA. I never would have known that without Facebook.

Return to “ACW History Club / Histoire de la Guerre de Sécession”