CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Upcoming releases

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:43 pm

Hoping this is the right sub-forum for this :)

So now that BOA2 is out and available, what future projects are on AGEOD's list?

Perhaps a WWII sim?

Can't wait to hear!

Rafiki

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:53 pm

CWNut77 wrote:Hoping this is the right sub-forum for this :)

[color="Blue"]No, but this is (thread moved)[/color]
CWNut77 wrote:So now that BOA2 is out and available, what future projects are on AGEOD's list?

Perhaps a WWII sim?

Can't wait to hear!

Vainglory of Nations (VGN); has a very long thread in this forum discussing it :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Ahhh yes, that's right. Will a more "modern" warfare sim get released by your company, dealing with WWI, WWII, etc? I realize that the current game engine would have to be overhauled to accomodate these wars (or maybe not), but I was none the less wondering if this was in the future?

Rafiki

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:02 pm

VGN will at the very least cover WW1'ish scenarios (possibly even a campaign for WW1 itself; dunno yet).

What lies beyond that is currently in the heads of the Phils (and perhaps some of those close to them); us mere mortals will have to wait and see for now ;)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:15 pm

Sounds good -- I have a lot of respect for AGEOD as a company in my limited time thus far with them, and I have confidence that anything they produce will be of the utmost quality and as close to historical perfection as is in their realm of ability.

Thanks, Rafiki, for the fast response.

Pocus

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:23 am

CWNut77 wrote:Sounds good -- I have a lot of respect for AGEOD as a company in my limited time thus far with them, and I have confidence that anything they produce will be of the utmost quality and as close to historical perfection as is in their realm of ability.

Thanks, Rafiki, for the fast response.

Wow, thanks :coeurs: We should convince the publishers that the best quotes to put on a box are the player's ones, you are so nice!, I feel shame to even start thinking we could deserve (a tiny part?) them! :nuts:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Anguille

Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Rafiki wrote:possibly even a campaign for WW1 itself; dunno yet.

Yes please! :cwboy:

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Pocus wrote:Wow, thanks :coeurs: We should convince the publishers that the best quotes to put on a box are the player's ones, you are so nice!, I feel shame to even start thinking we could deserve (a tiny part?) them! :nuts:

Well, let's put it this way -- I downloaded WIA last night. This is the first time I have ever downloaded a full licensed game to play on my PC (I usually prefer boxed). Also, any other time for a game of this fashion, I would have waited for more patches before committing myself to a possible purchase. Not this time -- my experience with AACW has been so great thus far that I couldn't resist the urge to play with your game engine in an alternate title (which, coincidentally, is the part of American history that got me INTO American history back in the day). I felt the need to join in and watch this title grow through the pains of bugs and patches. While I can not play enough to give consistent advice on what to fix, I plan on enjoying it in my spare time all the same.

It has been a while since I supported a game company such as this, especially for such a niche market as wargaming. AGEOD has helped me realize that there is a place in this niche market for me, as I love history (military history in particular) and video gaming has always been a hobby of mine. You have helped me see the "no-brainer" of the equation, so to speak...and you have done it so well that I have come back a second time.

And no, I am not sucking up for extra Euros...I am an American (Sorry, couldn't resist some very bad humor there) :)

GShock

Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:22 pm

U see Cwnut...a major power in the engine is behind the curtains, with its team.

U find a bug yourself, you ask for a feature, you ask for an explanation and the man in charge steps up and answers, gathers information, identifies solution and patches the game.

It can't be a coincidence AGEOD receives so many compliments. I've seen in 1 year few critics, lots of problems but also lots of good feelings.

You truly have the ability to shape the game and help make it better.
I have, as said many times, arrived to buy the game just because of the makers... i don't enjoy anything else but helping making it better... and i can't have enough :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:40 pm

+1!

Sorry, I approve so strongly with your statement that I had to add to your rep. Game companies like this are the ones that need and deserve the support -- my only regret is that I did not buy AACW from AGEOD directly :(

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Praise!!

Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:37 am

Pocus/PhilT: You deserve praise and accolades far beyond our meager linguistic abilities. I lack the adjectives to express my joy with your work. L3 :coeurs:

Carnium

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:58 am

There were some rumors about possible Frederick the Great and Mexican-American War titles from AGEOD. Just rumors , fiction, wet wishes or a reality ? :niark:

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:19 pm

I have another curious question as well -- I know it is pretty hard to include tactical battles into the existing game engine for AGEOD's magnificent strategy titles. On that note, please see below...

1) Will AGEOD be releasing a STRICTLY tactical-based game at some point?
2) Will AGEOD ever use an alternate game engine for a future game, or is the existing one to be a blueprint for all future strategy titles?

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 pm

CWNut77 wrote:I have another curious question as well -- I know it is pretty hard to include tactical battles into the existing game engine for AGEOD's magnificent strategy titles. On that note, please see below...

2) Will AGEOD ever use an alternate game engine for a future game, or is the existing one to be a blueprint for all future strategy titles?

Just wondering if anyone had an answer to my questions?

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

In Game Tactical sub-system?

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:21 pm

CWNUt: I hope not, my life is not long enough to re-fight every possible battle lin WWII, WWI, ACW, etc. Why mess up a great system? :p apy:

arsan

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:26 pm

CWNut77 wrote:Just wondering if anyone had an answer to my questions?

We can speculate about it but probably nobody can tell except the AGEOD bosses, Philipe and Philipe... and they are both on vacation so... bad timing! :niark:
Regards!

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:48 pm

tagwyn wrote:CWNUt: I hope not, my life is not long enough to re-fight every possible battle lin WWII, WWI, ACW, etc. Why mess up a great system? :p apy:

I did not mean a tactical based game for the entire war per se -- moreso I meant an alternate engine related to specific battles.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:59 pm

Nothing on our agenda yet, but nothing excluded either.

The AGE engine has still some enormous potential and will be used for numerous games. Vainglory of Nations is only one of them.

Moreover, we'll be distributing some games developed by some new dev teams, using new engines, achieving the AGEod quality standards.

We'll make some anouncements at Leipzig game convention in August.

Cheers,

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Rafiki

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:03 pm

As the stiff-legged Spaniard is saying, the Philippes are the ones who know for sure what the plans for the future is, but I can provide some info about what you're asking about.
CWNut77 wrote:1) Will AGEOD be releasing a STRICTLY tactical-based game at some point?

There are no official plans for this.

(I'd also like to add that I think they have a truly gifted grasp of various aspects of strategic issues AND the ability to portray it in the games they make, and I don't really see what benefit could be gotten from shifting focus towards the tactical. My 2 cents :) )
CWNut77 wrote:2) Will AGEOD ever use an alternate game engine for a future game, or is the existing one to be a blueprint for all future strategy titles?

How alternate must it be to be alternate? "Vainglory of Nations" is currently in development, and will be adding a whole range of new aspects to AGE: Economy, exploration, diplomacy, colonization, to mention a few. :)

AGEOD have also published games developed by 3rd party developers, such as Montjoie and Wicked Defense, which are wholly different than the games developed by AGEOD (and well worth checking out if you haven't already :)

EDIT: Curses! Outposted by Korrigan :p :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks for the fast replies everyone :)

arsan

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:59 pm

Great news!!, can we have more info about this WW 1 game? :sourcil:
Roma Aeterna Est

PhilThib

Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Give us a bit more time, we are working out communication material, because the "official" anouncement from us should come during the Game Convention in Leipzig on August 20th, 2008 :sourcil:

arsan

Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:13 pm

It's all fault of those Ascaron bigmouths! :grr: :niark:
Now we we'll pester you daily until you give us info... and screenshots!! :nuts:
Sorry, we can't help it! :tournepas :niark:

Prussian Prince
Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:53 pm

arsan wrote:It's all fault of those Ascaron bigmouths! :grr: :niark:
Now we we'll pester you daily until you give us info... and screenshots!! :nuts:
Sorry, we can't help it! :tournepas :niark:

+1

Ah yes an AGEod collaboration on another game. Yippee! :coeurs:
Player of many Ageod Games : AACW, ROP, BOA2 and PON!

Beta Tester for EU2 and HOI3:thumbsup:

calvinus

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:17 pm

Aaaarghhhhh!!!!!

No more a secret!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Carnium

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Ascaron Entertainment and AGEOD have announced that the historically accurate turn based strategy game, World War One, will be released in November 2008. The new game will allow players to take command of one of six Great nations including Britain, Germany and Russia, as they try to ensure victory and restore peace in Europe.

Players can take on the role of Kitchener, Joffre, Luddendorf, Clemenceau, Czar Nicholas II or Enver Pasha as they search for the strategy to avoid defeat in the first truly global war. All the tools for victory are available within the game, but it is up to the player to identify them and employ them in the most efficient way.

No Serbia, Belgium,Bulgaria and Italy or Austria-Hungary ? :p leure: :grr:
But great news anyway as I am pretty sure that the game will be mods friendly :nuts:

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:54 pm

Great news!! Now when is the Leipzig game convention taking place again??????????

P.S. I always thought ageod should make a WWI game. Their system fits like a glove! Lots of different infantry units, some cavalry too, but artillery is the main factor, then everything depends on material (ammunition and supply), field hospitals will have to be included in the stacks, etc, etc. I only wonder how you are going to incorporate novelties like Airplanes and such?

calvinus

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Carnium wrote:No Serbia, Belgium,Bulgaria and Italy or Austria-Hungary ? :p leure: :grr:

Do not listen the usual marketing voices...

Yes Serbia, yes Belgium, yer Bulgaria, yes Italy, yes Austria-Hungary...

:niark:

PhilThib

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Leipzig GC starts on the 20th August....but i'll do the official announcement for you guys slightly before that (and you'll get screenies too)...patience :coeurs:

Return to “General discussions”