Sandra

Goodbye, boys!

Tue May 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Yes, the men above are likely to be the last ones I draw for Ageod, as I'm leaving...

I wanted to say thank you to all the nice people here, your kind comments were much appreciated.
I've spent 3 years working for Ageod, and it was a great adventure ; I've learned tons of things and been improving myself a lot ; I shared moments of great doubt and great happiness with all the team... Special thanks to PhilThib and Pocus for having trusted me... and very very special thanks to Robin, for his help and attention during these years, surely the best artistic director (and boy friend) I have ever seen. :)

I wish them the best for the next projects! I'll be working on other games (totally different type of games), but still keeping an eye on them. ;)

Goodbye, good luck, good games! :hat:

Rafiki

Tue May 08, 2007 7:47 pm

Sad to see you leave, Sandra, since the graphics for AACW are one of the more significant reasons for the game having the appeal it has. Best of luck in the future!

Oh, and let us know if you decide to do your blog in English! :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Adlertag

Tue May 08, 2007 10:33 pm

You wrote a beautiful page of Ageod's story, Sandra.

Bonne route dans ta nouvelle voie !
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

IronBrigadeYankee
Major

Tue May 08, 2007 11:05 pm

So sorry to see you go. Good luck in all of your future endeavors. Thanks for making wargaming a beautiful experience
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

-Thomas Paine

marecone

Wed May 09, 2007 8:41 am

Your work is one of the main reasons people play this game. Good luck Sandra.
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

demarcroix
Lieutenant

Wed May 09, 2007 10:48 am

Rafiki wrote:Oh, and let us know if you decide to do your blog in English! :)

Well, it seems she's got less time to blog with her new company! :siffle:

Farewell Sandra! :hat:

PDF

Wed May 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Bye Sandra and good luck ! :coeurs:
With your talent, Robin and you really added "something more" in AGEOD's games that doesn't exist anywhere else.
We'll miss you (in fact we already miss you !) :p leure: :siffle:

Robin

Wed May 09, 2007 1:27 pm

But, I am still there, PDF.
Even if I had to work in an advertising company for material reasons, I am always able to work with ageod and to try to give my best ideas and visions to the future games (these days I try to help the team who work on a still secret sequel of BOA and ACW. Chut...).

I only hope that my professionnal situation will let me more time to put my energy on games and game design... And notabilly for my own project of Science Fiction Game based on the Ageod Game Engine.
Give me time... As Napoleon said.
:sourcil:

PS : Special thanks and Grand Bravo to Sandra who was the best team partner I have ever had (pro and private...).
"Le laid ne fera jamais vendre..."
Raymond Loewy (un graphiste français un petit peu plus connu que moi... :sourcil:
Visit my blog : http://nouveaux-horizons.blogspot.com/

saintsup
Captain

Thu May 10, 2007 12:31 am

Good luck !! We'll miss you (or more well said your work)

Reiryc

Thu May 10, 2007 3:24 am

Take care and best wishes in your new endeavors... your artwork here will be greatly misse! :p leure:

Hobbes

Thu May 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Very sorry to hear this :p leure: but good luck in your future ventures!
Chris

Flashman007
Corporal

Thu May 10, 2007 6:44 pm

Geeze, I hope they are getting married. :tournepas

Frost716
Private

Thu May 10, 2007 7:13 pm

Robin wrote:But, I am still there, PDF.
Even if I had to work in an advertising company for material reasons, I am always able to work with ageod and to try to give my best ideas and visions to the future games (these days I try to help the team who work on a still secret sequel of BOA and ACW. Chut...).

I only hope that my professionnal situation will let me more time to put my energy on games and game design... And notabilly for my own project of Science Fiction Game based on the Ageod Game Engine.
Give me time... As Napoleon said.
:sourcil:

PS : Special thanks and Grand Bravo to Sandra who was the best team partner I have ever had (pro and private...).

Good Luck Sandra!!! You do great work!

Robin,

Stick with the Scifi game plan, I would love to see a real strategy Scifi game, the market is yours for the taking. I loved Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds game and I know he wanted to try another one eventually. Maybe you could team up, his music and your game, sounds like a match. Please no fantasy stuff, and if I had my way, a straight alien invasion game, ala WOTW.

pasternakski
Colonel

Thu May 10, 2007 10:01 pm

Robin wrote:I only hope that my professionnal situation will let me more time to put my energy on games and game design... And notabilly for my own project of Science Fiction Game based on the Ageod Game Engine.

If you could make this a solid representation of Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers, you would make an old man very happy ... and probably sell a lot of copies, if the market record of the somewhat lame 1976 AH boardgame version is any indication...

Le Ricain

Thu May 10, 2007 10:36 pm

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. The artwork in BoA and now AACW is one the truly unique features of these games. Usually the artwork in games is just chrome...sometimes good...sometimes bad, but ultimately not important. The artwork in AGEOD games, on the other hand, is integral to the games themselves giving the feel of a boardgame.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

GoldSpear
Private

Fri May 11, 2007 1:02 am

for me...its the hat makes you sexy :siffle:
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees . . . (Last words of Gen. "Stonewall" Jackson)

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sadness!!

Fri May 11, 2007 5:01 am

It happens everytime I fall in love!! Alas!! :p leure: :p leure: :coeurs: Tag Bon Chance!!!

Ayeshteni
Captain

Fri May 11, 2007 3:25 pm

*sigh* Goodbye. Hope the artwork for AGEOD remains to your high level.

Bon voyage for the furture.

:p leure:

Ayeshteni

Jayavarman
Lieutenant

Mon May 14, 2007 3:42 pm

Aw. Very sad. :(
"Sad fragility of human things! What riches and treasures of art will remain forever buried beneath these ruins; how many distinguished men - artists, sovereigns, and warriors - are now forgotten!"

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

flintlock
Captain

Best of luck, and thank you!

Fri May 18, 2007 8:01 pm

Very sad to see you go, Sandra!

That said, I know it's the right decision for you, so best of luck in your new endeavors, and many thanks for your wonderful and talented artwork with BoA and AACW.

You will be missed.

:hat:

Cat Lord

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:55 am

Bonne chance pour la suite ! :)

Cat

Return to “General discussions”