User avatar
Wiggum
Lieutenant
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am
Location: Germany

Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:57 am

Hi !

Which settings do you recommend for the best AI behavior and most historical realistic gameplay ?

Also, a question about supply:

I play currently with historical attrition and Easy supply off.
Do my units get resupplied only if they are inside a city or is it enough to be in the province with a city ?

Also, do Supply Trains (the wagons) need to be inside a city to be refilled or is it enough to be in the province with a city ?

Do my units receive replacements only when in a province with a depot ?
Do they have to be inside a city with a depot or is it enough to be in the same province as the city with the depot ?

What does the massage "the upkeep of our units coast 1 thousend taler" mean ? Is this about replacements ?

And finally, does building depots increase the supply level (capacity) of a city/province ?

Thanks !

User avatar
arsan
Posts: 6244
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:21 am

It doesn't matter if you are inside or outside a city.
With historial attrition you need a depot to recover full missing elements. But you can recover missing hits everywhere.

The upkeep is the monthly wages of your soldiers. Not related with replacements.

Each depot level increases the supply level of a region by 5 points aproximately

Regards!

User avatar
Wiggum
Lieutenant
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am
Location: Germany

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:19 pm

arsan wrote:With historial attrition you need a depot to recover full missing elements. But you can recover missing hits everywhere.
Regards!


Are replacement chits also used for recovering missing hits ?

User avatar
arsan
Posts: 6244
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Wiggum wrote:
arsan wrote:With historial attrition you need a depot to recover full missing elements. But you can recover missing hits everywhere.
Regards!


Are replacement chits also used for recovering missing hits ?


Yes, sure! This is it's main purpouse.
All the little numbers you see over each replacement type on the replacement screen are the hits missing all around the map for that particular type of replacement.
If you don't have replacements of the appropiate type and nationality you units will not recover hits.

Regards!

User avatar
Wiggum
Lieutenant
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am
Location: Germany

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:58 am

arsan wrote:
Wiggum wrote:
arsan wrote:With historial attrition you need a depot to recover full missing elements. But you can recover missing hits everywhere.
Regards!


Are replacement chits also used for recovering missing hits ?


Yes, sure! This is it's main purpouse.
All the little numbers you see over each replacement type on the replacement screen are the hits missing all around the map for that particular type of replacement.
If you don't have replacements of the appropiate type and nationality you units will not recover hits.

Regards!



Thanks, what setting do you recommend for the best possible AI (without giving the AI a unrealistic bonus) and for the game in general to have the most realistic feeling ?

User avatar
arsan
Posts: 6244
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi!

Well, the AI has it hard on this particular game, as the situation is very tight on supplies and resources, harsh weather...
Not sure if it's possible to have easy supply for the AI only... i've never tried that option. If possible it will surely helps the AI a lot.

If you are not veteran on AGEOD system i will let the AI on standard difficulty (no advantages). Once you feel you can beat it too easely try getting the difficulty one notch up (on that level AI don't get any combat advantages but has it easier on command penalty, cohesion loss...). Above that i don't feel confortable...

It's also recommended to give the AI a small advantage on detection (but not too much or she will see too much and became a little crazy) and small andvantage on activation too.

And of course, use historical attrition only on yourself.

I always give the AI more time. Not sure if it has noticeable effects, honestly.

Regards!

User avatar
Wiggum
Lieutenant
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am
Location: Germany

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:24 pm

arsan wrote:Hi!

Well, the AI has it hard on this particular game, as the situation is very tight on supplies and resources, harsh weather...
Not sure if it's possible to have easy supply for the AI only... i've never tried that option. If possible it will surely helps the AI a lot.

If you are not veteran on AGEOD system i will let the AI on standard difficulty (no advantages). Once you feel you can beat it too easely try getting the difficulty one notch up (on that level AI don't get any combat advantages but has it easier on command penalty, cohesion loss...). Above that i don't feel confortable...

It's also recommended to give the AI a small advantage on detection (but not too much or she will see too much and became a little crazy) and small andvantage on activation too.

And of course, use historical attrition only on yourself.

I always give the AI more time. Not sure if it has noticeable effects, honestly.

Regards!


Thanks.

What do you choose for:

"Use all behaviors"
and
"Aggressiveness"

And what side would you choose for the grand campaign if going against the AI to have a challenging game ?

User avatar
arsan
Posts: 6244
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:14 pm

I would say yes to behaviours and put agresiveness on normal.

About the side, honestly i have no idea... I havent played the game much.
I'm just playing my first grand campaign as Catholics both on PBEM and versus the AI and we are still on the third year.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:18 am

Under any aggressive setting Protestant AI may go for Linz. Better to start again when it happens. For pbem I think Protestants are stronger especially when they were able to protect Prague and form good defense in Palatine when theater open for play. Then game is already lost for Catholics.

User avatar
Wiggum
Lieutenant
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am
Location: Germany

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:55 am

Baris wrote:Under any aggressive setting Protestant AI may go for Linz. Better to start again when it happens. For pbem I think Protestants are stronger especially when they were able to protect Prague and form good defense in Palatine when theater open for play. Then game is already lost for Catholics.


So better play as Protestant against the AI (because of the Linz thing) ?

Also, question about breaches:

See:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =787072469

I had a level 1 breach as you can see but still got told that "assault was called off because there was no breach. This was the case for 3 turns then the breach changed to level 2 and suddelny i could assault.
Is this a bug ?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:53 am

Only when it happens in 1st turn or 2nd. Major river crossings generally difficult for AI to handle.

I think Prague needs 3 breach level to assault.

User avatar
arsan
Posts: 6244
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Which settings are the best (for AI) ?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:36 am

You need as many breaches as the fort level before being able to assault
On high level fortress usually is easier to just siege until the defenders starve.

Return to “Thirty Years War”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest