ANTONYO
Major

French cavalry incorrect Combat Power.

Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:28 pm

The combat power of the French cavalry (the other nations I have not checked) is not correct.

For example the combat power of a brigade (two elements) of French heavy cavalry (cuirassiers or carabiners) is 13 points, and the combat power of a brigade of light cavalry (Chasseurs o chasseur?- hussars?) 28 points.

I think attribute Cbt. Power of the heavy cavalry is incorrect. In heavy cavalry put weak and the light cavalry put average.

PhilThib

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:18 pm

No, it's not incorrect, it just comes from the way CBT POWER is calculated...in particular this calculation does not take into consideration the particulars of shock combat, and specifically the fact that Cuirassier and Heavy Cav have 200% shock power and damage effects compared to others. Unfortunately, the ratio you see is too much focusing on "Fire", which is obviously lacking in that kind of units...

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:20 pm

PhilThib wrote:No, it's not incorrect, it just comes from the way CBT POWER is calculated...in particular this calculation does not take into consideration the particulars of shock combat, and specifically the fact that Cuirassier and Heavy Cav have 200% shock power and damage effects compared to others. Unfortunately, the ratio you see is too much focusing on "Fire", which is obviously lacking in that kind of units...

I just checked my Cuirassiers (French Heavy Cavalry) and under "combat ability" their shock is listed as only 130% NOT 200%. They seem a bit under powered to me. Can you raise it to 200% in a patch?
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Pocus

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:33 pm

I think PhilThib meant that the first shock coefficient is anyway not taken into account in the power formula; As for the exact value, they are at 130% in the release version but were modified to 200% for the upcoming patch :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Pocus wrote:I think PhilThib meant that the first shock coefficient is anyway not taken into account in the power formula; As for the exact value, they are at 130% in the release version but were modified to 200% for the upcoming patch :)

Shocking! :) Seriously though, great idea to increase it to 200%... we need to recreate those powerful cavalry charges of this Napoleonic era. Speaking of cavalry... is there a "combined arms bonus" for having inf/cav/art all in one stack during combat?
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Pocus

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:28 am

Yes but not the way you think about it, i.e not in an abstract way. Depending of the ratio of your forces in these components, you have access to different battle plans.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Help improve WON”