monniker
Private

Game Crashed at Turn Resolution, Will not Resume or Load without Crashing

Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Good afternoon,

While playing Spain in the January 1805 Campaign, I finally had the British navy at a disadvantage- they were too long out of supply. Seizing the opportunity, I managed to send out a smaller fleet that completely obliterated a small British fleet of 20 ships with minimal losses in two battles. I was very pleased because it meant I could ship some New World soldiers home to help crack Gibraltar!

And then the game crashed. And crashed every time I tried to load any saved game- literally when clicking the Load or Resume button- and has not been usable since. I will try a new game soon, but seeing how long load times are, it is a bit inconvenient. The game also sporadically crashes seemingly every 7-10 turns, and I cannot access anything but the Ledger button on the top left. Those are minor issues that do not affect my ability to play, and they have been mentioned before on this board, but I figured it would help to hear.

As this is the first time I've sought help on this forum, I am having difficulty attaching the save files. Any assistance there would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

monniker
Private

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:07 pm

To add, after deleting the local files, I was able to restore manually from a previous turn; now the game allows me to load my other games without crashing. I expect that means the save file was somehow corrupted.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience what you think the problem is.

Pocus

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi Monniker and sorry for the trouble.

The log confirms that the file is not valid. It generally comes from Windows or an AV denying the game the possibility to write files properly. This point is well known by the support team and they should be able to help: support@slitherine.co.uk

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

monniker
Private

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks for getting back to me! I'll contact the support link. Overall, very fun game!

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”