Buttersmurf
Civilian

Crash at turn resolution

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi!

When I hit "Proceed to next turn" the turn starts resolving but then I get an error box telling me a critical error has occured. It seems to happen slightly random; I can sometimes get through a resolution without a crash, but I have yet to get beyond three turns without a crash.
Just now it crashed on the first try. Logs and saves are attached.

I have tried to run the EXE as an administrator, but the same thing happens. I have had this problem with pretty much all the latest AGE games (Civil War 2 and To End All Wars had plenty of them!) but I have usually just waited for a couple of patches and the problem was solved one way or the other.

Awesome looking game by the way, can't wait to play it without having to reload all the time :)
Attachments
5 - 1805 January Grand Campaign1.7z
(925.54 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Pocus

Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi,

I'll check your save, but can you tell me what you were doing when it crashed? The log indicates an unexpected error, unknown cause, so it might be the video driver.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Buttersmurf
Civilian

Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Well, thats just it. I am not doing anything besides watching the 0-7 bar that shows up after I have pressed "Proceed to next turn". No alt-tabbing or anything. If it crashes, it does so after the "Creating AI Files" text but before the "Processing day 1/7" text. Just tried my save again, and ran a couple of turns. Fist and second went fine, the third crashed in the same manner. !Main log file is attached. I have a Nvidia 970 with the latest drivers.
Attachments

Pocus

Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:03 pm

I have a GTX 960 myself...

I believe it's a Windows 'monitoring' issue. On my side, I have removed UAC and I'm admin of my PC, my antivirus is Windows Defender and I have no extra firewall but the one of Windows. I would say that the problem is a denial of file write access, when the engine creates AI files. If that's the case, and because you get that at random, support can help you pinpoint the precise culprit in the system (although if your AV is Norton, don't search further :) : support@slitherine.co.uk

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

StatboyVT
Sergeant

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Buttersmurf wrote:Hi!

When I hit "Proceed to next turn" the turn starts resolving but then I get an error box telling me a critical error has occured. It seems to happen slightly random; I can sometimes get through a resolution without a crash, but I have yet to get beyond three turns without a crash.
Just now it crashed on the first try. Logs and saves are attached.

I have tried to run the EXE as an administrator, but the same thing happens. I have had this problem with pretty much all the latest AGE games (Civil War 2 and To End All Wars had plenty of them!) but I have usually just waited for a couple of patches and the problem was solved one way or the other.

Awesome looking game by the way, can't wait to play it without having to reload all the time :)

Same thing has happened to me. I've made it through the end of February. It's totally random. One time it happened after the first turn. One time after the third turn. And another time at the end of February.

Pocus

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Have you tried contacting support? Random crashes are 99% of the time coming from a driver incompatibility or Windows/anti-virus denying file access.

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”