I just wanted to give Steam users a hand in knowing how to install and check the 1.03 Beta patch is done right. The developers seem frankly to have either abandoned Steam users, and rarely reply to forum posts for information and support. Note to Devs: I would really work on your Forum support.
1. Find the patch
2. Download it onto your desktop (for ease)
3. You should have the folder "Matrix Games". This download is not optimised for Steam so here is what I did:
4. Double click into Matrix games and highlight the folders/Files, then click copy.
5. Past them into this folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wars of Napoleon
6. Run the game
7. When the game starts to load up check the version number in the bottom right hand corner. It should say 1.03.
Now you have the Beta 1.03 patch installed.