Nappy
Corporal

A few notes

Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:17 am

Steam version, playing France with the Jan 1805 Campaign, Sargent level.

Currently, 1st week of April, 1807. All of liberations and/or annexing of minors (at least as far as I know, valid =1807) has been done.

War with Britain/Prussia, option of peace offer to Prussia as a degree(F4) still open (BROKEN). I have tried it numerous times, under which I have NO IDEA why it doesn't work. The Treaty of Tilsit didn't work properly, and my troops have been controlling & garrisoned EVERY city in Prussia for months, ever since the pop-up activated(F4).

Before I did all the transferring of control of certain cities to my minor allied "nations", I was earning 12EP a turn, that allows a nation to really gain NM/RGDs. Not to mention an occasional plundering, seize horses...added to the war coffer.

I suppose I've been sitting in Prussia waiting for better weather in anticipation for another war against Austria.

Prussia is no longer a threat and my major units are being replaced by small brigades (not my experienced units, depot units) from their garrison duties and are shifting south.

The Prussians can't build, and although I don't know the other affects..., in addition to the garrisons, I'm setting up a small army in a central position that if needs be could be shifted around.

My main point; 1 potential major enemy is defeated and occupied (and unlikely to rise given I control all his cities/towns)... I imagine that it will take a large corps size element (although in army form), perhaps including 20 individual brigades sitting as garrisons.

That leaves me 2-3 armies rampaging through Austria for the 2nd time (I had that treaty of Pressburg?), no doubt, I could again (given it's 1807), and just like I occupied Prussia...it's not unlikely I could do the same with Austria, although, I'm running out of independent brigades, however, if it entails removing the 2nd largest threat, Austria...that would be a small price to pay.

Once Austria is finished somewhere around 1809, controlled and occupied, that leaves either Russia or England.

OK...given my motivation in all this is that the treaty of tilsit is broken, what do you think?

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:24 am

Strange, Tilsit has been working fine for a while now, but then again I am not playing steam.

Have you gone all the way to Koenigsberg ? I assume you have freed the duchy of Warsaw ? What happens to me once is that Prussia had dowed Bavaria and as the french I dowed them a bit later. As I was starting to make headway and crushing their armies, they made peace with Bavaria giving it Hambourg ! I stopped the game but maybe that could have made Tilsit impossible. Did you have something akin happen in your game ?

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi, Nappy.

As I remember in my French game, when trying to fire Tilsit I also had problems for a while because the tooltip doesn't tell you all you need to know to meet the requirements. Yes, you have to take Berlin, Danzig, Konigsberg. But you also have to take two Polish cities, Warsaw and Lodz, I believe, before the option becomes available and will fire properly. Also, after the event actually fires and the peace talks begin, be prepared to wait a few turns before you receive the requisite territories, Magdeburg and something else I can't remember at the moment.

Anyway, for what it's worth, this was my experience.

MJ

Nappy
Corporal

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:29 pm

I did own all the towns, and have since done both the Duchy of Warsaw and Westphalia...but your comment about it taking a couple of turns, I never waited for it to active...I'll check it out later.

Thanks

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”