Wild Boar
Corporal

How do you want your Prussians?

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:02 pm

I am completing a database sheet given over to me by AGEOD which will have all the regiment names in the elements. For example Dragoon Guards for Britain:

Code: Select all

1st (Kings)|2nd  (Queens Bays)|3rd (Prince of Wales)| 4th (Royal Irish)| 5th (Charlotte of Wales)| 6th  (The Carabiniers)|7th (The Princess Royals)|8th Dragoon Guards|9th Dragoon Guards|10th Dragoon Guards|11th Dragoon Guards|12th Dragoon Guards

The first bunch are historical the last few ahistorical if you keep building units. I understand the game takes the names from the database.

I have completed Russia, Austria, Britain, France, Spain, Papal States, Bavaria and Brunswick. Right now I am doing Prussia.
Given that Prussia and for that matter the Netherlands re-organized their armies you could have the problem of regiments with the same numbers.
The old regiment numbers have different names eg 5th Regiment der Königin Dragoons becomes 5th Dragoner (Brandenburgisches) Regiment. I want to throw open what suggestions should be done:
1. Do we use the historical names even though you might end up with two Dragoon Regiments of the 5th?
2. Do we change the historical numbers so that the 5th (1st Brandenburg) Dragoons becomes something ahistorical like the 15th Dragoons or thereabouts given the number of regiments in existence in 1805? That way you don't get 2 regiments with the same number. This is similar with the infantry, Cuirassiers and Hussars.

Ebbingford

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Be careful with the British oob.
I went through and put all the historical regiment and battalion names and numbers in roughly the correct locations for the start of the main campaign.
All historical names and numbers are already in use by the starting forces.
For British infantry you will have to start adding 2, 3 and 4 battalions to the existing regiments. Cavalry you will have to just add ficticious names and numbers.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Be careful with the British oob.
I went through and put all the historical regiment and battalion names and numbers in roughly the correct locations for the start of the main campaign.
All historical names and numbers are already in use by the starting forces.
For British infantry you will have to start adding 2, 3 and 4 battalions to the existing regiments. Cavalry you will have to just add ficticious names and numbers.

Overall it would be great if added elements (new builds or rebuilds of a dead element inside a unit still alive) could have real names : it's a shame when you have a nice little brigade with 76th de ligne, 88th de ligne and suddenly "line infanrtry (conscript)" in the middle to spoil the thing !

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”