basilhare
Lieutenant

What Happens to the units of an Obliterated Stack?

Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:12 pm

What Happens to the units of an Obliterated Stack?

I have both won and lost battles where the whole stack of units (up to 1000 combat pts) simply disappears...what happens to the units? Do you at least get some of the raw manpower back? Thanks.

Captain_Orso

Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:28 pm

It depends on what happened to them.

About 1/3 of hits go to your replacement pool. These are wounded, stragglers, etc.

Captured go to the captured pool, if there is one; I'm not sure at the moment.

The rest are dead :(

Elements which are lost can be replaced, but if the last element of a unit is lost. The unit is taken from the map and returned to the build pool.

basilhare
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Thanks. I'm assuming that the units were destroyed then because the stacks & units are gone and the leaders sent to nearby towns to recoup...its just interesting that the battle report shows an overwhelming victory but one of the two stacks I had there was totally destroyed...I guess it took the brunt of the fighting until reinforcements arrived...

Drake001
Sergeant

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:15 pm

I think there may (and may is the operative word) be too many obliteration battles. Probably too early to tell.

Also, I seem to capture a lot of supply wagons

Nostra
Corporal

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Drake001 wrote:I think there may (and may is the operative word) be too many obliteration battles. Probably too early to tell.

Also, I seem to capture a lot of supply wagons

I have the exact same feeling. Every battle seems to become a battle of total destruction in merely 1 single round of combat. I had rounds with over 100k dead

I actually toned down the hit and assault values because of it and while it helped its still awfully deadly

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Seeing same thing. WWI type losses with a lot less troops involved.

Drake001
Sergeant

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Still seeing a lot of this, full scale losses. In two different battles, I have seen my guard units wiped out as well even though France was the victor in both.

All battles were with normal posture settings as well. Only typically use assault on towns and forts

CheerfullyInsane
Private

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Yeah, +1.
In the Austerlitz scenario I had Lannes, Ney AND the Guard all wiped out to a man in a single battle.
Defensive mode in woods, too.

To be honest, it looks like the game might be wiping out the entire stack if the leader is wounded.
Not enough experience to be sure, but it's starting to look that way.

Pocus

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 am

Despite us tweaking several times the values, the troops don't want to rout most of the time, it's a combination of high quality troops and good leaders. We will again check the values.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”