Franz Ferdinand
Sergeant

Ottomans losing NM when recruiting: WAD?

Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:08 pm

As in title. Every unit I recruit deducts 1 NM. Is this WAD or a bug? Also, Caucasian Tribes and Inguchia start the game at war with Ottomans (tooltip says so), but not at war in diplomacy screen. Even if you declare war on them, when you press wars tab in diplomacy, it does not show it. You have to find them in unorganized.

Also, some countries like Nogai and Terek (and Rhine Confederation) are not on map at all (not even a single province), and do not have any units. Why are they even present in diplomacy menu?

ANTONYO
Major

Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:29 pm

If recruits jenizaros, lose 3 points NM per unit. You can look at the tooltip.

Franz Ferdinand
Sergeant

Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:48 pm

ANTONYO wrote:If recruits jenizaros, lose 3 points NM per unit. You can look at the tooltip.

Nice, I actually like this option. It forces the Ottoman player to reform its army before engaging Austria (instead of taking advantage of French invasion), because there is not enough troops in Europe to beat the Austrians. I assume that the penalty goes away with Empire and Army reform, right?

I think that the differences in army qualities across the board are well modeled.

This still leaves the question of bugged diplomacy in the Caucasus, as well as of phantom countries.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:13 pm

Recruiting costs 3 NM because:
There were many occasions Janissaries were asked to train in barracks they refuse and congregate in open places to civilians resulted high public disorder.
When budget in shortage that some of them need to disband they refuse because all the relatives and friends in this 'guild'.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”