zgpak2
Civilian

The game crashes during the first turn resolution in the Guns of August scenario.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:59 am

[ATTACH]31738[/ATTACH][ATTACH]31739[/ATTACH]

Whenever I resolve my turn it seems that the game progresses for few minutes than crashes. It tells me that I have a "critical error" and that the program needs to terminate. I have tried everything from restarting steam to deleting the local files and installing the game all over again. However, it seems that the "critical error" problem won't fix itself. I searched if anyone else shares such errors similar to mine but it doesn't seem like it's not a wide spread issue.

Interestingly, I can resolve my turn in the tutorial and the Battle of Tannenberg scenario. I guessed that the grand campaign which requires 15 days to resolve would obviously need more data than the 7 days turn. I tried the CFF explorer as well as the 4gb patch but that didn't help either.

As said in the in-game warning, I posted both of my mainlog as well as the save game (wrapped up in the .zip file). I hope there'd be a solution soon...
Attachments
The Guns of August.zip
(484.18 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

zgpak2
Civilian

Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:13 am

Also, I tried the full campaign too just in case (with the beta patch installed), but it also gave me a "critical error" message. I looked at the Main Log and it tells me the same thing as the one I posted:

6:58:13 PM [Critical ] TScriptEngine.TriggerEvent Exception caught: Impossible de creer le fichier "C:\Users\ggg\Documents\My Games\To End All Wars\EAW\Scripts\ResSctReport\CEN_Kiel Marinest?zpunkt.txt". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect DebugStep: 20
6:58:13 PM [Critical ] TScriptEngine.TriggerEvent Exception caught: Impossible de creer le fichier "C:\Users\ggg\Documents\My Games\To End All Wars\EAW\Scripts\ResSctReport\CEN_Wilhemshaven Marinest?zpunkt.txt". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect DebugStep: 20
6:58:13 PM [Critical ] TScriptEngine.TriggerEvent Exception caught: Impossible de creer le fichier "C:\Users\ggg\Documents\My Games\To End All Wars\EAW\Scripts\ResSctReport\CEN_Danzig Marinest?zpunkt.txt". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect DebugStep: 20
6:58:13 PM [Critical ] TScriptEngine.TriggerEvent Exception caught: Impossible de creer le fichier "C:\Users\ggg\Documents\My Games\To End All Wars\EAW\Scripts\ResSctReport\ENT_Usines Bl?iot.txt". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect DebugStep: 20
6:58:13 PM [Critical ] TScriptEngine.TriggerEvent Exception caught: Impossible de creer le fichier "C:\Users\ggg\Documents\My Games\To End All Wars\EAW\Scripts\ResSctReport\GER_Helgoland Marinest?zpunkt.txt". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect DebugStep: 20
6:58:13 PM MakeSupplyDistribution 13394858.0
6:58:13 PM --- End of Log ---

I seems that I'm missing these files which is weird since I bought it off of steam and should have no real problem like this.

Pocus

Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:36 am

It seems it is related to accents in the filenames. American, European and Russian OS should be able to deal with it though. Perhaps you are using a Japanese, Korean OS ?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

zgpak2
Civilian

Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:59 am

Very shrewd (and correct!) analysis of the problem. It works fine now that I changed it to English language settings.

Thanks!

Pocus

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:12 am

About this particular problem, removing accents from filenames used when generating a script report, this will be fixed in next version also.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”