Kim White
Private

How do I move troops by sea?

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:28 am

OK, I get the idea that I need to have the troops in a port and if there are ships there I can move them. BUT!!! I want to move troops from England to France and I cannot find any ships to put them on. I've checked the strategic atlas and the only transports I can find are in the Indies somewhere.

This is a nonsense - in real life the BEF used the very large pool of cross-channel ferries based at Dover-Calais to shuttle troops. If the game does not have actual ship units it should at least be allowing the dover calais areas to function as a "bridge" to allow troop movement.

If anyone could help me resolve this by telling where the ships are I'd be most grateful.
Kim in Australia

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:32 am

There are a ton of both French and British transports available from the initial set up.

Reiryc

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:35 am

Kim White wrote:OK, I get the idea that I need to have the troops in a port and if there are ships there I can move them. BUT!!! I want to move troops from England to France and I cannot find any ships to put them on. I've checked the strategic atlas and the only transports I can find are in the Indies somewhere.

This is a nonsense - in real life the BEF used the very large pool of cross-channel ferries based at Dover-Calais to shuttle troops. If the game does not have actual ship units it should at least be allowing the dover calais areas to function as a "bridge" to allow troop movement.

If anyone could help me resolve this by telling where the ships are I'd be most grateful.
Kim in Australia

the transports are probably in the fleets... you'll need to scroll to the right of your british/french fleets to see the transports

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:45 am

Good point, Reiryc. Here, maybe this will help:

[ATTACH]30432[/ATTACH]

Any naval unit with the yellow boxes icon can transport units. Land units all have weights:

[ATTACH]30435[/ATTACH]

YOu have to have enough transport capacity to hold the units that you want to transport.
Attachments
unit weight.png
Transports.png

Jim-NC

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums Kim White. :wavey:

In answer to your question, as the other posters have said, the transports start the game with fleets. So you have to find the fleets that can move the units.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”