Mikkel
Conscript

Crash to main menu during turn resolution

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 pm

While playing the Grand Campaign as the Central Powers in late January 1915, the game crashes to the main menu during turn resolution. :(

Is there anything that can be done? What kind of files can I attach that would help you find the cause?

Reiryc

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Mikkel wrote:While playing the Grand Campaign as the Central Powers in late January 1915, the game crashes to the main menu during turn resolution. :(

Is there anything that can be done? What kind of files can I attach that would help you find the cause?

Please attach a zipped file with the logs and a zipped file with the save. Don't zip the whole save folder as it contains several saves, just the most recent save.

They (the folder called logs and one of the saves inside of the saves folder) can be found under documents, my games, to end all wars, eaw...

Jim-NC

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Hello,

Please include the logs (host log, main log), as well as the turn of the crash (.hst and .ord files), and the turn before. This will help us to diagnose the problem.

Edit:
I see I was beaten to the punch.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mikkel
Conscript

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:21 pm

Here they are, thanks!! :)

I hope there's a way to salvage my game, I invested too much time to start over. :(
Attachments
Save.zip
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 200 times
Logs.zip
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 168 times

Jim-NC

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:22 am

There is some sort of problem with 2.Armee. It appears that the game is doing something with the posture or posture flag of that unit (found at the bottom of the Main log). Not sure if this is a CP or WE or EE unit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:07 am

Have you tried backing up one turn? This will be the first thing I'll do anyway because if the bug is not reproducible, I can't fix it. If you don't get the bug when backing up one turn, then you are safe.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Mikkel
Conscript

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:04 am

Pocus wrote:Have you tried backing up one turn? This will be the first thing I'll do anyway because if the bug is not reproducible, I can't fix it. If you don't get the bug when backing up one turn, then you are safe.

Thanks, I might try that. Is there an autosave that I can load? Might be a stupid question, but I never tried backing up a turn.

If that doesn't work, are there any alternatives I can try to fix this? I am playing as the Central Powers, so if the issue is with the 2. Armee, can I do anything in terms of orders etc. to avoid the bug?

Jim-NC

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:07 pm

You can back up 1 turn using the in game load screen. There is an icon that allows you do things to the save games (like rename or back up 1 turn).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”