uberstroker
Conscript

Countries that NEVER join the war

Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:46 am

Hi!

Can someone please briefly explain to me which countries are permanently neutral? I.e, countries that will
never join the Entente or Central Powers?

MrZorro
Conscript

Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:55 pm

great britain and usa can't join the central powers every other power can join either the entente or the central powers but some are harder then others i dont want to spoiler so which country might be a better choice :)

CFF
Lieutenant

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Norway dont join the war, i spend one diplomat and in the end , Norway had no army , had nothing , was useles... hope or the devs block true neutral countrys of have diplomats, or for the what if fun , those countrys can really join the war,.

Altaris

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:45 am

At one point in development all the minors could join whichever side swayed them, but a few were removed from this option for historical reasons. Good point on the diplomats for the ones that don't provide any other benefit though. I'll look at getting that added into the next patch (either removing them from the diplomatic options, or giving them some benefit worth spending a diplomat for, such as +EP).

CFF
Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:56 am

Great news, ty a lot, u guys are the best devs! Always making the game better!

bob.
General

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:19 pm

I think the best thing to do would be not to completely block it but provide maybe as you said some (small) rewards for getting these nations in your alliance and also (most important IMHO) providing info on the tooltips on what will happen when a nation joins. A simple "this nation will become a military ally"/"this nation will provide you with +2 EP/turn through diplomatic support" would make it completely unambiguous for everyone.

CFF
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:27 pm

bob. wrote:I think the best thing to do would be not to completely block it but provide maybe as you said some (small) rewards for getting these nations in your alliance and also (most important IMHO) providing info on the tooltips on what will happen when a nation joins. A simple "this nation will become a military ally"/"this nation will provide you with +2 EP/turn through diplomatic support" would make it completely unambiguous for everyone.

greate idea!

Lindi
General

Fri May 01, 2015 5:29 pm

bob. wrote:I think the best thing to do would be not to completely block it but provide maybe as you said some (small) rewards for getting these nations in your alliance and also (most important IMHO) providing info on the tooltips on what will happen when a nation joins. A simple "this nation will become a military ally"/"this nation will provide you with +2 EP/turn through diplomatic support" would make it completely unambiguous for everyone.

+1

The Lev
Sergeant

Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:08 pm

With regards to Norway a North Sea port would seem the greatest benefit. Yet I'd say that, perhaps unintentionally, the developers made it more realistic with some Neutral countries just not being worth swaying, Sure I've looked through the OoB files to see the relative strengths of these forces and it has been rather interesting-yet ultimately that diplomat could be better employed elsewhere

Oh unless getting a reasonably high percentage on these nations (without getting them allied) influences the wars' end at a Versailles type treaty but that would be a bit superfluous

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:12 am

I think Germany seeking additional ports to force the RN to spread out and allow Germany to lessen the blockades affect would be huge, it would force both sides to work to get Norway in the mix.

Does China offer anything to either side? I know they sent labour to the French.

I do wish their were more diplomatic options to offer various sides. Perhaps Germany could have offered China its colonies and to release all european treaties against it for example.

Also shouldn't German unrestricted sub warfare cause damage politically for the CP to more than just the US? As an aside.

Shri

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:08 am

I would like CP to earn a small income from countries like Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc due to trade and also from Italy and Romania till they join the entente.
This will make diplomacy more important and interesting.
Also the UK can use its diplomats to decrease or stop aid.
Say- If alignment >=51% some trade, if >=75% more trade and at 100% a lot more trade but at 33% or less, no trade.
Rascals, would you live forever? - Frederick the Great.

Return to “To End All Wars”