Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Please make "Hold at all costs" actually mean "Hold at all costs"

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:51 pm

This is a problem I have had in both CW2 and TEAW, I regularly will have armies on "Hold at all costs" retreat from battle in good order after a short battle despite the tooltip saying that only routing remains possible. It is incredibly annoying. If I have an army on B/R that is because I want it to hold that position until dead, if I wanted them retreating in good order I would use orange or blue. So my request is to make "Hold at all costs" actually mean this so my entire war effort doesn't keep getting destroyed by stupid retreats from battles I am winning. Failing that, I am wondering if any other players have tips for making sure that armies do not retreat.
Current Russian player in the third Paradox OT Forums Mass AAR.

Former Ottoman Player in the first Paradox Forums TEAW Mass Multiplayer AAR. Victor of Tripoli, Tyr, and Xanthi. Defender of the Holy Cities of Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medinah. Conqueror of Kuwait and Kitchener. Bane of the British and Sword of the House of Osman.

Militant confederate in my spare time. :neener:

CFF
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:02 am

Projekt Pasha wrote:This is a problem I have had in both CW2 and TEAW, I regularly will have armies on "Hold at all costs" retreat from battle in good order after a short battle despite the tooltip saying that only routing remains possible. It is incredibly annoying. If I have an army on B/R that is because I want it to hold that position until dead, if I wanted them retreating in good order I would use orange or blue. So my request is to make "Hold at all costs" actually mean this so my entire war effort doesn't keep getting destroyed by stupid retreats from battles I am winning. Failing that, I am wondering if any other players have tips for making sure that armies do not retreat.

I think the idea of those guys from aoged is try to make the game the more realistic possible, so i dont think in real life ur army would stay until last man die, only for please his general. :P

The Red Baron

Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:38 am

Projekt Pasha wrote:This is a problem I have had in both CW2 and TEAW, I regularly will have armies on "Hold at all costs" retreat from battle in good order after a short battle despite the tooltip saying that only routing remains possible. It is incredibly annoying. If I have an army on B/R that is because I want it to hold that position until dead, if I wanted them retreating in good order I would use orange or blue. So my request is to make "Hold at all costs" actually mean this so my entire war effort doesn't keep getting destroyed by stupid retreats from battles I am winning. Failing that, I am wondering if any other players have tips for making sure that armies do not retreat.

Don't know what's happening in your game, but this function works for me as advertised. I set one independent corps stack to B/R, and it beat off 4 separate attacks over 3 turns w/o retreating, despite having suffered a total of 66% casualties across all 4 attacks combined. It was the only stack in the region if that makes a difference.

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:55 am

The Red Baron wrote:Don't know what's happening in your game, but this function works for me as advertised. I set one independent corps stack to B/R, and it beat off 4 separate attacks over 3 turns w/o retreating, despite having suffered a total of 66% casualties across all 4 attacks combined. It was the only stack in the region if that makes a difference.

This happens to me repeatedly in all AGEOD games. Troops on B/R will suffer low casualties or only 10-20% casualties and retreat during the first battle, sometimes after just one or two rounds. Multiple units set to B/R in the same province all do this, they withdraw with good cohesion (then proceed to get uselessly cut down by pursuit hits). Indeed it seems to have no effect on the ability of troops to hold in most cases for me at all.
Current Russian player in the third Paradox OT Forums Mass AAR.

Former Ottoman Player in the first Paradox Forums TEAW Mass Multiplayer AAR. Victor of Tripoli, Tyr, and Xanthi. Defender of the Holy Cities of Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medinah. Conqueror of Kuwait and Kitchener. Bane of the British and Sword of the House of Osman.

Militant confederate in my spare time. :neener:

Return to “To End All Wars”