Jinx
Captain

The Kaiser in London, alternate history gaming.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Hello!

I'd love if this game was longer then 107 turns. I realize the game focuses more on the historical accuracy in events and diplomacy, "railroading" (I mean that in a non-degrading way) a nation into a certain path, hence the . All war games based on history find a point between historically accurate gaming and ahistorical free ranging, and this game leans relatively heavily on historical accuracy.

I don't mind too much.

But I like to think of what if scenarios, but most hinge on an earlier or a longer game;

But what if the Kaiser secretly builds transports and opens a front in Britain?

Or France never makes an alliance with Russia.

Or Hungary secedes from the dual monarchy midway through the war because of war weariness.

There are hundreds of things that can happen, but cannot, because Ageod is a small company that has a niche market and can't afford to waste too many resources on my wishful dreams. Haha!

I'm sure you could all suggest minor tweaks in ahistorical playability to make a completely alternate war. I'm actually a bit curious as to your ideas!

But this is me just wishful thinking. Regardless, it's still a fantastic game.

Tagged onto the back: This is also a shameless request on the general thread in search of a partner to assist me in playing the Western Entente as the British. 😜 Check my AAR for details.

Kensai

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Stuff for mod(er)s. :)
Feel free to write the script and see if a gifted gamer or two could abstract an alternate reality scenario. I personally love these "what if" scenarios, I've even written a couple of similar ones for PON.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Taillebois
General of the Army

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Franz Ferdinand found alive.

World War One all a mistake.

Lord Nelson
Conscript

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 pm

I thought this was one of those things where a leader gets roughed up in a bit of combat, comes to the next turn hundreds of miles away and locked in place for three turns.

DrPostman

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:17 pm

There will be mods eventually that will allow for many variances on history.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:55 am

Is there any chance for Serbia to agree to the A-H demands in the 2nd turn?

Kensai

Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:23 am

BBBD316 wrote:Is there any chance for Serbia to agree to the A-H demands in the 2nd turn?

According to the events, yes! But that chance is very remote and dependent on certain plans chosen that put Serbia under extreme pressure. I had asked in beta to raise that probability but I don't think it was implemented.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

bob.
General

Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:35 am

What happens if they accept?

Jinx
Captain

Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:59 am

Kensai wrote:According to the events, yes! But that chance is very remote and dependent on certain plans chosen that put Serbia under extreme pressure. I had asked in beta to raise that probability but I don't think it was implemented.

Interesting! I didn't know that was possible!

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:19 pm

bob. wrote:what happens if they accept?

no war... No cool war games... Probably no world war 2 either?? We all die of boredom....
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:14 am

I would imagine things would still proceed it would just be one less front for the A-H which would make the EE position even worse.

Maybe it should mean a huge hit to the other balkan states CP alignment as they worry if they are next?

Jinx
Captain

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:55 am

A one or four time decision to land zepplin carried troops behind enemy lines, reached through a technological level...:-)

[ATTACH]32179[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Maschinengondel_eines_Zeppelin-Luftschiffes_-_Felix_Schwormstädt_1917.jpg

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:15 am

Jinx wrote:A one or four time decision to land zepplin carried troops behind enemy lines, reached through a technological level...:-)

[ATTACH]32179[/ATTACH]

Where do you get these cool pics Joseph?
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Jinx
Captain

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Google images my good fellow!

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Jinx wrote:Google images my good fellow!

and there i was thinking you were a genius my friend... ;)

Jinx
Captain

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:15 pm

ajarnlance wrote:and there i was thinking you were a genius my friend... ;)

Hehe. Nope! Just an idiot with a Google!
"Mon centre céde, ma droite recule, situation excellente, j’attaque."
~ Ferdinand Foch, in the defensive actions to prevent a German breakthrough in 1914.

Lindi
General

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:03 pm

A single scenario need to be do is

Serbia only versus Austria-Hungary only, Austria-Hungary keep some troop in reserve near russia)

between 10 and 30 turn.

But can do big big more :

If Russia not go in war in begin, and wait for see if Serbia can win, and also keep troop near Austria-Hungary for the Austria-Hungary can't use all troop.

Objectif : Give a advantage to one side

If Austria-Hungary do a win, he go to annexe Serbia and is finish and is a win
If Serbia stop Austria-Hungary on 15-30 turn, maybe Germany can't said now not support Austria-Hungary and Russia can go to war against Austria-Hungary.

Russia can't use all troop because need keep If Germany declare war.

Scenario give 20 turn to long.
Serbia-Russe objectif : take Vienne
Austria-Hungary Objectif : Annexe Serbia and keep Vienne

Lord Nelson
Conscript

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 am

Jinx wrote:A one or four time decision to land zepplin carried troops behind enemy lines, reached through a technological level...:-)

[ATTACH]32179[/ATTACH]

You mean, like this?

Kensai

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:35 pm

ajarnlance wrote:no war... No cool war games... Probably no world war 2 either?? We all die of boredom....

No, according to the event the war still happens as Russia is enraged of losing its strings on Serbia. Serbia becomes a puppet of Austria-Hungary. In game terms, Serbia becomes Central Powers. ;)
Großdeutschland Mod

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:06 am

Oh what war plan is this? I assume A-H has to go all out on Serbia.

But if you managed to pull it off! :thumbsup:

Return to “To End All Wars”