whiffofgrapeshot
Conscript

Probable bug or design flaw. Fleet movement.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:32 am

In one turn the German High Seas Fleet can sail from the West Coast of England AND.....

Defeat Beatty in the Atlantic Blockade box...

Defeat the French Fleet off the West coast of Africa..

And Defeat the Japanese in the south Pacific...

ON THE SAME TURN

Seriously.....Really.......Same fleet..not broken up...

you do realize it took a nuclear surface task force in the sixties to circumnavigate the globe in sixty days while using every canal...for a short cut.

whiffofgrapeshot
Conscript

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:48 am

Russian fleet took nine months...to do what this fleet did in 15 days..oh and they didn't have to fight three battles..

No refueling issues either..

Seriously this needs to be fixed.

ifailmore
Sergeant

Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:18 am

welll put I had an itch something was wrong now I can see the ships can hyperspace jump to other oceans quickly

Altaris

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:14 am

I think this may be an engine bug introduced around the time the region caching started (which did drastically speed up game performance). I've seen the same problem in the mod I'm working on, but hadn't realized it was occurring in vanilla. Basically, the transitions for off map sea areas were always calculating as 1 day travel times. I"ll look back at my fix there and see if we can implement it here.

whiffofgrapeshot
Conscript

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Altaris wrote:I think this may be an engine bug introduced around the time the region caching started (which did drastically speed up game performance). I've seen the same problem in the mod I'm working on, but hadn't realized it was occurring in vanilla. Basically, the transitions for off map sea areas were always calculating as 1 day travel times. I"ll look back at my fix there and see if we can implement it here.

I am usually not someone prone to hyperbole..but this does kind of make the game unplayable..

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:47 pm

! Ageod Forum Rules
(...)
General Rules
(...)
9. You will use descriptive subject titles when creating new threads.

No bad title please.
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?15487-Ageod-Forum-Rules

whiffofgrapeshot
Conscript

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:56 pm

trying to change title..but i dont want to delete it since it is an issue

Altaris

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:10 am

I will research what is needed to correct this over weekend. IIRC, it was a minor change to the terrain files, if that's the case, I'll post how you can manually correct this until it can be officially patched.

Altaris

Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:27 pm

I can't replicate this behavior, it's taking 7-10 days to cross long ocean transitions for me when I load up a game, which is reasonable and WAD. Are you using the latest beta patch? Please post saves, and I will investigate further.

Return to “To End All Wars”