Castelneau
Conscript

Corps and Army relation

Sun May 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Hello,

I have a question concerning the relation corps-army:

If I want to occupy all the provinces of the fronline, I have to put corps in each of them.
But they will be separated from the armies and be considered as independent stacks.
Is it possible to maintain the relation between corps and army, meaning in case of defense from an ennemy attack, the army commander will be in charge
of the battle even if he is not in the same province ?

And in the other case if I am the attacker, and I order corps from different provinces to attack the same ennemy province, will the army commander be the leader of the battle ?

Thanks for your explanations.

Durk

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:02 am

You only need to be in an adjacent region and the army will come to support.
So yes, not in the same province, but an adjacent one will do.

Maybe in the attack scenario the army will come to help, it should. Better in my view, attack with the army and the corps will join in . What I try to do, get the attacking army and corps in the same regions and use the coordinated march command. This is best for attack.

Castelneau
Conscript

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi Durk,

Thqnks for your qnswer.
There is one thing annoying if you want to have a frontline occupied by your troops is to have independent stack (corps detached from armies) without the bonuses provided for the chain of command.
I think the chain of command should apply to corps in the area of the army.

The Lev
Sergeant

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:56 pm

There is a "GHQ-Army-Corps" division in Revolution under Siege, and I too was rather curious as to why this wasn't implemented in EaW-By all means the game works without it but it does mean that 90% of the "If in command of front" bonuses will never be used.

Its' not even a complaint, although it would be interesting to get a "Behind-the-scenes" look at which features the EaW creators decided to include or introduce and which concepts were toyed with but ultimately didn't make the cut

Best Regards,

Return to “To End All Wars”