H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Quick question - Naval

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:54 am

I saw on the other thread in someone's game the Germans had a naval force of 15,000 versus English force of 6,000. How many ships can I put in one fleet? Because in my game, I just got run over by a 25,000 power German fleet up against a 4K fleet I had. The Germans had 20 Battleships.

I want to load up and take that behemoth on and put it to them.

Edit: Oh and can I put English and French ships into the same fleet with no malus?

Metatron

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:04 am

How many ships depend on the admirals abilities, but fleets can be quite big. Combining nations will always give a malus, but not necessarily a crippling one, depends on your situation, sometimes it is better to have numbers than to split into national commands.

Overall german fleet should not be underestimated early on, it can be really dangerous as you clearly experienced.
-There is safety in numbers.
-Well there is also death in numbers. It's called a massacre.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:15 am

The power in the screen shot is not the same as the power in the main screen, I guess that is like the land but maybe even worse, the REAL power is a lot less, maybe.

Anyway, I got a little payback for my earlier steamrolling I received. He deserves way way more, though.

[ATTACH]30107[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Navalbattle.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 am

Scheer looks eerily similar to the Prison Warden in The Great Escape, doesn't he?

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 am

Wow. gained 4 morale on that battle, but then took about 120 hits due to bad weather and my power is half. I'm loving this. I want to go find some more ships!!

Linstock
Corporal

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:15 am

The only thing IRL that stopped the German High Seas Fleet from creating havoc with the Royal Navy and her allies was the Kaiser's reluctance to send his ships into harm's way. World War One Gold had a way of modeling this; I don't know if TEAW does, but if it doesn't, the war at sea could look radically different.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:17 am

It's been a little back and forth. He caught me good earlier and sank/destroyed several cruisers but I'm on to his game now and The Kaiser better watch out. I didn't even know about the Grand Fleet up North. Bad things are about to happen to the German ships!!

Ace

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:45 am

The Kaiser's reluctance was not without foundation. Loosing the pride of your nation - the big ships - can cost you quite a bit in your morale. Overall, German fleet can try hit and run tactics on smaller British fleets, but beware, getting caught by the British main fleet can spell disaster.

Nico165
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:26 pm

Yes there's nothing preventing the german fleet to go out often and early, and that makes for some nasty surprises. More combats and more ships sunks than historically.

Return to “To End All Wars”