charlesonmission

Entrenchment Decisions lowered Entrenchment

Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Okay, I was on level 5 entrenchments, once the entrenchment decisions finished, the entrenchment were lowered to level 4. This happened in 3 locations - in northern TN. Where Jackson, Forest and Forney are.

Previous and current turns attached.
Attachments
Previous Turn.zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
Current Turn.zip
(2.71 MiB) Downloaded 109 times

Captain_Orso

Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:14 pm

Management Summery: WAD.

The event which runs 3 turns after playing the RGD does exactly as you described, puts all friendly units into level 4 entrenchments.

I could put up some editorial comments, but I've been running my mouth off enough lately, so I'll leave it to you Charles :thumbsup:

charlesonmission

Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:16 pm

Hmmmm. wow, so there is no reason to use it once you get to level 4.. seems sort of odd to tear down entrenchments. I wasn't aware it said level 4 in the description, so I'm assuming that is in the code. I had always thought it was to increase the entrenchment by 1 level, not sure where I got that from.

Captain_Orso

Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:41 pm

There's no rational behind this beyond that the only command which modifies the entrenchment level, sets it to the level given by it's author.

It would have been much better if the event increased the EL by x, but then you'd need a way to ascertain that the stack(s) of the region are not above a specific level, and this also is not possible.

Return to “Help improve CW2”