Luciano B
Conscript

Confederate units recruitable in border states, some generals I miss, and other stuff

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:42 am

Great game indeed! It seems that I can't stop playing it!

I played several campaings in the Confederate side and I would like to make some suggestions about (possible) future improvements.

- Confederate Virginia units recruitable also in re-conquered regions in West Virginia, to reflect that Union West Virginia had seceded from confederate Virginia and that the loyalty there was then very divided.
- Confederate Maryland units recruitable in Maryland as it happens in Kentucky.
- Some confederate units recruitable also in other "border" states, if conquered, like Delaware and Kansas.
- Generic "Confederate" brigades/regiments recruitable by CSA in conquered northern states; for example, I seem to remember that between 10.000 and 15.000 soldiers from Illinois joined Confederate regiments of southern states; so some limited Confederate/secessionist support could be found also north of the Mason/Dixon line.
- Turns of 10 (or 7 days) rather than of 15 days; it may allow a longer game and it seems to me more in scale with the lenght of the movements on the map, and in general with the timing of the game.
- More national morale points to gain by CSA when conquering important northern cities.
- Less national morale points when taking Washington, just to allow some different strategy options for the Confederacy rahter than massing troops along the Potomac line for all the game.

Here some confederate generals I feel to miss in the current game:
- John. S. Bowen, "the Jackson of the West", who fought the initial stages of the war in Missouri, then was one of the best divisional generals in the western battles, mainly during the Vicksburg campaigns;
- Turner Ashby, Johnston's and later Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson's cavalry commander in the Shenandoah Valley before he was killed in the Battle of Good's Farm; he died two weeks after his appointment as brigadier general; he may receive "fast cavalry", "screening" and "spying" attributes.
- Confederate cavalry generals Lunsford L. Lomax, Thomas L. Rosser, and Matthew C. Butler, all commisioned major generals in 1864;
- I would add also another General Lee's son, major general George W. C. Lee (commisioned in 1864).

Among the generals already present in the game, W.H.F. Lee should receive the "cavalry leader" attribute.

Keep up the wonderful work! ...and thank you!!!

Return to “Help improve CW2”