RebelYell
General of the Army

Entrenchement levels and Defensive Works

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Should the speed to get to the next level be slower than it is if you dont have engineers present?

Also could the use of the card Defensive Works would need an structure, depot or a port to use it?

Then you could bring it back up to level 5-8 from the start?

I think that field fortifications need engineers to build fast and that should be the only way to do it in the field.

The card would represent well the possibility to buy civilian / slave labour to fortify locations behind the frontline.

Pocus

Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:40 pm

yes, the higher the level, the slower you get there. Engineers boost each time this speed though.

Defensive works need a city in the region. You can't use a second defensive works to go from 4 to 8, this has been deemed too powerful to go above 4.

Cards can be extended indeed. We plan to add some in the future, like blowing away a railway and cards proprietary to the native Indians.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

richfed

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:22 pm

In earlier builds, the use of the Defensive Works card did raise entrenchment level to 8. I agree, this might be excessive, especially in the early years. However, that has rendered the card pretty useless, in my opinion. Could it not be raised to one level above what is allowable at that point in the game? Something like that ...

Pocus

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:58 am

useless? not so imho, you can switch a corps from 1 to 4 this way!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Help improve CW2”