Ace

No NM autobalance min-mod

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:12 pm

There has been some controversy with the introduction of NM autobalance regain to the series. This minimod tackles the issue by lowering the probability about 4 times for low NM to raise. For example, if USA has 85 NM, it will have 15% chance to gain 1 NM in the turn. In the official version it has approx 50% chance to gain 1 NM in the situation in question. In the same situation, CSA has approx 30% chance to gain 1 NM.

I am providing this mod for all those players (me included) who are more comfortable with lower NM regain rate.

Here are the files:
[ATTACH]30575[/ATTACH]
Attachments
National resilience.zip
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

RebelYell
General of the Army

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:17 am

Ace wrote:There has been some controversy with the introduction of NM autobalance regain to the series. This minimod tackles the issue by lowering the probability about 4 times for low NM to raise. For example, if USA has 85 NM, it will have 15% chance to gain 1 NM in the turn. In the official version it has approx 50% chance to gain 1 NM in the situation in question. In the same situation, CSA has approx 30% chance to gain 1 NM.

I am providing this mod for all those players (me included) who are more comfortable with lower NM regain rate.

Here are the files:

[ATTACH]27459[/ATTACH]

Very nice, is this the setting from AACW?

Ace

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:34 am

Actually, in AACW NM resilience was non-existant until NM was really low. My modding knowledge is limited and I did not know how to replicate it. Instead, I overall nerfed the setting down with the ingame faction variable. The game variable works like this:

(100-current NM)= percentage chance to regain 1 NM for the USA.

It creates a situation that the lower the morale, higher chance of NM bonus. So, if you hover about 50 NM, you would get ~12 free NM/year, and if you hover around 90 NM, you would only get 2-3 NM/year - hardly influences a balanced game, yet gives some chance to the loosing player to run the clock if things are getting really bad.

For the CSA, it is the same chance, but with 2 rolls (roughly twice the chance)

EDIT:
In the official game, US gets 4 rolls, and CSA 7 recovery rolls. I modded it to 1 roll for the US, and 2 rolls for the CSA.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Ace wrote:Actually, in AACW NM resilience was non-existant until NM was really low. My modding knowledge is limited and I did not know how to replicate it. Instead, I overall nerfed the setting down with the ingame faction variable. The game variable works like this:

(100-current NM)= percentage chance to regain 1 NM for the USA.

It creates a situation that the lower the morale, higher chance of NM bonus. So, if you hover about 50 NM, you would get ~12 free NM/year, and if you hover around 90 NM, you would only get 2-3 NM/year - hardly influences a balanced game, yet gives some chance to the loosing player to run the clock if things are getting really bad.

For the CSA, it is the same chance, but with 2 rolls (roughly twice the chance)

EDIT:
In the official game, US gets 4 rolls, and CSA 7 recovery rolls. I modded it to 1 roll for the US, and 2 rolls for the CSA.

Sounds good, should make the Union more urgent about VA and also more careful to just throw in men to the grinder, that should make it seek the Western route to collect easier victories.

Ace

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Updated for patch 1.04

Return to “CW2 Mods”