Liberationist
Civilian

Will there be a demo?

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 am

This game looks fantastic, and I love the historical setting. I have, however, been burned by great looking games in the past, and since there are no reviews up yet (that I can find) and this is my first prospective game from Ageod, I am wondering: will there be a demo released, sometime in the near future, like there is available for other Ageod games? Anyway, thanks for any responses, and I look forward to trying the game soon!

-Liberationist

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:35 am

Welcome to the forum Liberationist, sorry but there is no demo.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Liberationist
Civilian

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:12 am

Hi Leibstandarte,

Thanks for the welcome and the quick response. Does this mean that there will never be a demo or that there is just not one planned for now?

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:36 am

I have never talked about this with AGEOD people. So better let them answer.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

PhilThib

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:31 am

No demo. I don't have all the details, but someone explained to me it was detrimental to the business ;)

Liberationist
Civilian

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:08 am

Hey Philippe,

Thanks for answering. The choice to not release a demo is unfortunate, and kind of difficult to understand. Recently I was planning on purchasing Total War: Rome II, but when that got such a wide panning for being so buggy I needed something to fill its place. I saw the demo for the newly released Europa Universalis IV and decided to try it. I played it for a few hours and then promptly bought the full game and loved it. Subsequently I bought Victoria 2 and its two expansion packs, and I am looking forward to East vs. West coming out next year. I am now an avid grand strategy fan, and a loyal Paradox Development Studio follower, in large part because I could try their great game so that I could make a comfortable and informed decision about purchasing it. I think demos are especially important for grand strategy games because they are so complex and divergent in their mechanics. To pick the right one based on appearance rather than feel is difficult and can be costly for the consumer potentially turning them off to a whole catalog of games from a studio or even an entire genre. I hope that Ageod's marketing department, or whoever makes the call on demos, will reconsider. I think though that I will try the demo for Revolution Under Siege. Would you say that is substantially similar to Espana 1936?

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:30 am

RUS is really similar.
In España:1936 there are not river movement and there are Regional Decisions played directly on the regions of the map.
The air warfare is different but the rest is the same.
HQ website

Return to “España 1936”