mpopofsky
Conscript

"Front Lines"

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:18 pm

I really like Espana '36. I've solo'd both sides, on moderate levels, and it took a few plays to beat the AI on each side. As others have noted, there are a few problems that really need to be corrected:

1. Lack of ability to "stop" forces moving through your "Front line." Something needs to be done to prevent forces piercing 'front lines' at will. I recognize this is a function of how the control zone rules work, coupled with the force levels and state of 'control' at the start of the game. But, perhaps the level of control 'behind' front lines can rise faster, or something else. In one game, Franco sat south of Toledo with 3 corps in areas adjacent to one another, and a Republican army walked straight through them without triggering battle.

2. Segovia/Madrid. As noted by others, the Republican AI is very weak when it comes to defending or attacking these areas.

Pocus

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 am

1. Can be improved by raising the patrol values of units, so that they stick better the enemy.

2. AI can be improved by scripts, either by telling her to defend better a region, or an AI agent can be placed on a leader so that he watches for a region to defend, keep or take.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

mpopofsky
Conscript

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Would be great to have (1) -- raised patrol values -- implemented as an option in a future patch. Seems easy enough and very much needed, given era.

bob.
General

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Although, do you really think it's so absurd that small units can get through the "front line" if they are lucky? I have never seen two large or just medium-sized forces miss each other.

mpopofsky
Conscript

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:10 pm

The problem i have is that the forces walk through the front line, even if they find each other and the defender isn't pushed back. This isn't right for 1905 onward.

Return to “España 1936”