Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Confederate Generals in Arkansas & Missouri

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:14 am

Am I the only one who thinks that CWII is sorely lacking in available Confederate generals for the Arkansas and Missouri theatres? While the Union side of the equator has an ample supply, if not an over supply, of generals, the Confederate side of things seem to be somewhat lacking - which, I believe, is most noticeable in the Southwest theatre. In my humble opinion it'd add a tremendous amount of flavour if a number of these (lesser known) generals were added. Can that be done?

Durk

Re: Confederate Generals in Arkansas & Missouri

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:24 pm

All of the CSA generals who held a command are in the game. Many come into the game in other theaters as the did during the war. Just as a few who arrive in Arkansas spent their war careers east of the Mississippi.
If you are referencing the opening of the April 1861 scenario, this is quite historic as Price can only raise a force similar to what he did raise.
With the exception of Claiborne Jackson (if I remember correctly). You may wish to create him. You can create new leaders, but I have no idea how, and to me the balance of leaders is fine.

Brigadier General

Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:28 am

I do refer to the April 1861 campaign, and for me, the Arkansas/Missouri theatre feels particularly underdone & afterthought-ish. I just think it'd add a great deal to this region if we saw the likes of Cabell, Govan, McIntosh, McNair, Pike, Reynolds, Cockrell, etc, etc, pop up here and there.

Durk

Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:00 pm

You are right with regard to the color or flavor, but one of the key design features of the game is that all forces have the 35% command penalty in 1861 to reflect the rank amateur militia units.
So my suggestion is to rename the infantry and cavalry units to reflect the names of the commanders you would like to include. This is relatively simple to do and might help bring these less known generals into the game. If you agree, you might share how you did it and which commanders you selected.

Brigadier General

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:47 am

I think I'd need a step by step playbook on just how to do that. I'm not sure I trust my capabilities that much ;)

Return to “Civil War II”