Linstock
Corporal

benefits for unit?

Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:46 am

Hello!

I have noticed that the descriptions for unit bonuses have in many cases changed somewhat in ACW2. For example, the amphibious bonus granted by marines has changed from "stack" to "unit." Are they the same? Do my marines still grant the same river crossing benefits to the whole STACK they're in as in the original ACW? Or does the bonus apply only to the immediate division it's in?

Captain_Orso

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:37 am

Neither the Marines nor Sailors have retained their former "river crossing" attribute. That attribute has been given to the Pontooneer support units.

The Amphibious attribute which Marines and Sailors now have is a unit-attribute, much like the Strong Morale attribute Image that the Flavor units have. It only counts for the unit.

If a Marin is embedded in a division, that is the unit in which it is contained and that division will benefit from the Marines Amphibious attribute.

Basically, when you land from ships or cross a major river versus an opposing force (not necessarily advisable :blink :) at least the first round of battle (until your force has gained 10% MC?) your force is at a great disadvantage. With the Amphibious attribute your force only suffers 50% of that disadvantage.

Once your landing force had gained a bridgehead (10% MC) other units may follow and do not suffer the landing-penalty.

That's what Marines are good for-- aside from them being elite-- and having a high level of cohesion-- and being generally bad-ass ..... ;)

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:01 pm

I just checked in my vanilla game and this is what the marine/sailor icon says it does:
[ATTACH]28737[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28738[/ATTACH]

0% penalty for amphibious assault and 50% penalty for river crossing to the unit.
Attachments
Sailor.jpg
Marine.jpg
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Captain_Orso

Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:43 pm

I guess that's what I get for checking the text in the strings file :neener:

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:17 pm

More to the point is, which text is true to what the program actually does?
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Return to “Civil War II”