The Red Baron

Continuing with Expired Scenarios

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:30 pm

I have come to the end of the West Campaign, but I would like to continue playing to do some experimentation. Is this supported or will I run out of GS, WS, ammo, etc? I am mostly thinking of the scripted events, which supply $$, conscripts and WS. Will I continue to have the option to increase my rail and river transport every couple of turns; will I continue to receive conscripts from my Emancipation Proclamation decision or are these events no longer supported past scenario end? Please advise. Thanks.

Captain_Orso

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:40 am

Resources do not come from scripted events. They are generated be structures within your cities. So your resources will continue to be generated.

I assume that the events that regenerate will continue to regenerate. Practically all the scenarios use the same events. So whether you are playing one of the grand campaigns or one starting later in the war, it is the same events running these things.

Try it out and let us know what your findings are.

The Red Baron

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:07 am

Scripted events do continue; however, I may be having an issue with conscripts generated by paying a premium for volunteers.

In a previous turn I opted to pay a $1 premium for volunteers; my NM was btwn 170-180 at the time. Now, many turns later, I continue to receive a huge influx of conscripts each turn, which exactly matches the income in my treasury left over from the previous turn + any income generated by cities this turn. The result: the conscript influx empties my treasury every turn with the exception of any $$ generated by my merchantmen, which apparently arrives at the end of the resolution phase and therefore cannot be touched. I have approx. $60 in my treasury at the start of each planning phase and can't afford anything. I have nearly 5,000 conscript companies, which translates to 500,000 men in the force pool.

It's early August, 1863, and this problem has continued for many turns now. Is this WAD?

I'll post in the tech forum as well in case it's a bug.

Ebbingford

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 am

This was meant to have been fixed in the patch......
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

The Red Baron

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:21 am

Maybe it was for the GC but not for campaigns/scenarios?

Captain_Orso

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am

Yes, for everything. As I said, these events are the same events used in all scenarios, large and small.

If it makes no sense in a small scenario, it is simple left out. So the Bull Run and the Shilo scenarios will not have the Raise Conscripts option.

But in the campaign scenarios, be it those starting in '61, or '64 or anywhere in between, they all use the same events. So as long as the developer added all the events that work together (putting the "Raise Conscripts" options into play, evaluating the player decision, giving the player conscripts and assessing the costs, and resetting the options every 6 months) then they will work the same regardless of which scenario you are playing. Give it a try :thumbsup:

Return to “Civil War II”