willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Morale Victory broken?

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:17 pm

This is just an impression as I'm finishing my first time all the way thru in the big April '61 campaign.

It's late fall of '63 and my Union has taken every objective city. Actually almost every city in a railroad region is possessed by the Union. The south has at most 2 decent divisions left on the entire map (and they are hiding in remote mountain regions). The game is way over by any rational test. :turc:

However we soldier on because the highest morale I've ever achieved is 174/185. :dada:

There seem to be at least two problems-

The victory conditions mentioned in the intro, controlling Memphis, Nashville, Richmond and New Orleans, have been met for over 6 months now, but no victory.

The Return to Neutral event fires so often that I don't believe that attaining 185 morale will ever be met.
Talk about moving the goalpost as stated another thread. :bonk:

What gives? :wacko:

Durk

Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:07 am

I have seen the victory conditions met in a similar circumstance. Wonder why the difference?

Pocus

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:39 am

Sometime if you achieve a victory too slowly (this is all relative, Fall 63 is still a good performance) then the enemy faction has enough time to bounce up to non losing level... Here is the new entry in changelog about that:

If enemy capital is occupied, National Resilience rolls are skipped.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Civil War II”