jscott991
Lieutenant

Re: Some Questions Playing the Union - 1861 Start

Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:44 pm

Just to emphasize this again. Here is a screenshot of my latest abandoned game. Look at all the random CSA armies of considerable size wasting away in southern PA and West Virginia (Jackson, Holmes, and GW Smith). And there isn't a single real military unit at Richmond.

grimjaw
General

Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:06 am

I'm not saying it's not possible, didn't mean to imply it. I think it will be difficult for me personally to make much improvement given my own limitations and the paucity of scripting options. I don't think you're going to get better AI performance on this engine, other than player-produced options. I wish it were otherwise.

Teatime
Lieutenant

Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:45 am

I will make a couple of comments on things that have helped and that I am looking into

1. No way we can get at the engine while they are still actively developing games on it so that's out, events and scripts will be the limit of what we can mod.

2. I have found that by removing the depot in Morgantown (Grafton depot) then Athena's interest in WV becomes significantly less. She does seem to have a thing for depots (which is OK in principal, except that one in WV).

Need to remove the following from the .scn file .. will need to start a new game for it to take effect

{Structure}
Grafton Depot

{/Structure}

3. I am looking at putting together a new CSA AI event file that builds on that initial event identified by grim above. Something that sets priorities/focus based on USA unit counts in various states/locations. When I make some progress I will start a thread in mods for input

Other than that the only thing I can think of is resetting VP values for locations. I can't seem to find that pgr can you point me to where that is set??

grimjaw
General

Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:51 am

It's in the include file that creates the cities and harbors for the campaign.

Return to “Civil War II”