Linstock
Corporal

pillaging

Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:11 am

Is there really point to pillaging? It seems to make so little difference in the game. Am I missing something?

Durk

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:51 am

Linstock wrote:Is there really point to pillaging? It seems to make so little difference in the game. Am I missing something?

Usually not, as you observe. But, if your opponent is in a bit of a supply crisis you can deny them the small relief they may get.

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:53 am

I agree, there's usually little point. Really, there's too much supply in the game (especially for the confederates, who historically had significant problems feeding and supplying their armies).
Then again... it is a game.

grimjaw
General

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Pillaging doesn't matter much but it can also depend on the time of year and the area involved. Early on in the full campaign, in the winter as the CSA I have trouble keeping large numbers supplied in NW Arkansas even at depots. A single raider unit out west can cover many miles in a turn, capturing and pillaging several forts on the way. Any substantial force getting stuck out there will quickly starve out if forced to subsist on what supplies a stockade will produce.

Linstock
Corporal

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Does pillaging affect the money produced by the province? That might make a bit of a difference.

Merlin
General

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:39 am

Pillage is a beautiful thing out west, especially as the CSA. If the Federals advance forces into Misery, just send a raider to pillage everything in front of them, and a partisan to drop the rail wrecking card behind them. They'll retire quickly, and if you're playing a person, may demonstrate the ability to learn from mistakes by coming back inside a cav/militia cloud.

It's even more effective in the territories, and I've had games where I've burnt down every region west of the Red River.

Return to “Civil War II”